• Thieves stole a woman's wallet between 11 and 11:45 a.m. Sept. 2 at Starbucks, 2964 W. Euclid Ave. Credit cards in the wallet were used at Best Buy and Target for $2,000 and the Apple store in Schaumburg for $2,000.
• Burglars stole tools, motor cross helmet, knee protectors, and boots between Aug. 23 and Sept. 1 out of an unlocked trailer on the 0-100 block of East College. Value was estimated at $2,120.
• Burglars stole a women's black jacket, loose change, cash and an e-cigarette between 6:30 p.m. Sept. 2 and 8 a.m. Sept. 3 out of an unlocked 2013 Kia Soul on the 1600 block of North Evergreen.
• A man stole a wallet around 10:35 p.m. Sept. 3 from a counter in the 7-Eleven, 1418 E. Hintz Road.
• Burglars stole a GPS valued at $230 and wrote graffiti with permanent marker on the side of a 2004 brown Chrysler Sebring convertible while the top was down. Damage was estimated at $600.
• Burglars stole 10 CDs and an AC/DC inverter between 8 p.m. Aug. 29 and 11 a.m. Aug. 30 out of a 2006 Nissan Altima on the 900 block of North Race. Value was estimated at $150.
• Thieves stole a catalytic converter around 8 a.m. Sept. 2 from a Ford van in a lot on the 100 block of East Lake Street.
• Thieves stole a cellphone around 1:35 a.m. Aug. 31 after the owner placed it on a counter in a banquet room at the Cadillac Ranch, on the 1100 block of West Lake Street.
• A home invader entered a home around 2:53 a.m. Aug 30 on the 1400 block of Newcastle Lane while the husband and wife were sleeping.
• Burglars broke into a 1999 Dodge work van between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Aug. 15 on the 700 block of Wellington Avenue and stole construction tools. Value was estimated at $800.
• Burglars forced open the rear door between noon and 2:10 p.m. Aug. 26 at a home on the 600 block of East Howard Avenue, ransacked rooms and stole money, a diamond ring on a platinum band, watches, 24-carat gold chain necklaces, a yellow diamond, a bracelet, a pearl necklace, two wallets, designer sunglasses and miscellaneous jewelry. Value was estimated at $112,140.
• Thieves stole silver dollars, silver coins, sterling silver antique bracelet with scroll workings, social security card, birth certificate and tax paperwork between June 1 and July 31 out of a bedroom drawer, and a saw and two fishing poles out of a garage on the 1200 block of Cora Street. Value was estimated at $1,030.
• Thieves stole a cellphone in a black case between 6 and 7 a.m. Aug. 16 after the owner left it on a roulette table at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road. Value was estimated at $800.
Elk Grove Village
• Abdul R. Shafique, 54, of the 9100 block of Lawler Avenue, Skokie, was arrested around 4:10 p.m. Aug. 15 at Elmhurst Road and Lunt Avenue and charged with burglary and resisting a peace officer. His court date is Sept. 15.
• Thieves stole two telemetry patient monitors from a wall in the cardiac catheter lab at Alexian Brothers Medical Center, 800 Biesterfield Road, on an unknown date but reported Aug. 1. Value was estimated at $30,000.
• Burglars stole a video-game console and cash between 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. out of an apartment on the 600 block of Carroll Square. Value was estimated at $550.
• Thieves stole a company sign valued at $750 around 12:30 a.m. Aug. 21 at Kernal Seasons, 2401 E. Devon Ave.
• Thieves stole a catalytic converter between 2:15 and 6:15 p.m. Aug. 20 from a 2006 Honda CR-V in a business lot at 25 Northwest Point Blvd. Value was estimated at $350. Thieves stole a catalytic converter from a 2003 Honda Element during the same time in a business lot at 150 Northwest Point Blvd. Value was estimated at $400.
• Burglars stole a 21-speed bicycle valued at $600 between 9:30 and 10:30 p.m. Aug. 23 out of an open garage at a home on the 1400 block of Haar Lane.
• Burglars broke into a 2002 Ford van between 8:15 p.m. Aug. 17 and 7 a.m. Aug. 18 in a lot at O'Brien Construction, 642 Bennett Road, and stole five tool kits, a heavy grinder, drills, socket set and a bag of miscellaneous tools. Loss was estimated at $3,550.
• Thieves stole a 2003 Ford F150 pickup truck, used to plow snow, between Aug. 15 and 19 out of a lot at M. Acino Decorating, 1475 Landmeier Road. Value was estimated at $5,000.
• Joshua Rodriguez, 18, of the 1600 block of Norwood, Itasca, and a juvenile were arrested around 4:07 p.m. Sept. 2 on the 5500 block of Court P and charged with robbery.
• Burglars stole a cellphone and loose change around 9:11 a.m. Aug. 31 out of a car on the 500 block of Bear Flag.
• Burglars stole a cellphone, GPS, and set of small throwing knives around 9 a.m. Aug. 31 out of a car on the 1500 block of Sacramento.
• Burglars stole a TV around 6 a.m. Aug. 29 on the 7800 block of Carlisle.
• Burglars stole an iPod valued at $100 and a wallet between 6:45 p.m. Aug. 27 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 28 out of an unlocked 2011 Nissan Maxima in a driveway on the 1700 block of Kelberg. Someone used a credit card in the wallet at McDonald's, a gas station, and a Walmart in Elgin and Streamwood.
• Thieves stole two gas blowers and a gas lawn trimmer between Aug. 23 and 27 from a flatbed trailer on the 400 block of Alpine Lane. Value was estimated at $1,240.
• Burglars stole a laptop and bag between midnight and 1:45 p.m. Sept. 1 out of a 2010 Toyota Prius in an open garage on Red Oak Drive. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars stole a new laptop with extra charger and case around 4:15 p.m. Aug. 27 out of a 1998 Toyota Avalon in a store lot at 1000 N. Roselle Road. Value was estimated at $1,300.
• Police conducted increased traffic enforcement during the Labor Day holiday period, Aug. 15 through Sept. 1. Officers were assigned to several enforcement areas where a zero-tolerance stance was taken against impaired drivers and occupant protection violations. Police made one impaired driving arrest and issued 26 seat belt citations and four child restraint citations. All were after 9 p.m. The effort was funded with federal money administered by the state.
• Russell J. Newbill, 26, of the 500 block of Poplar Street, Waukegan, was arrested around 7:21 p.m. Aug 17 on the 2200 block of John Rolfe and charged with criminal damage to property obstructing identification and battery. Police reports said he damaged a doll house, TV, computer monitor, glass table, TV/VCR, plate full of food in an apartment. He hurled a full can of soft drink at a female resident, hitting her left eye/cheek area and spilling the drink on a computer monitor and keypad, according to the report. Damage was estimated at $2,150.