• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Piotr B. Holobud, 45, of the 1300 block of South New Wilke Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 8:50 a.m. June 29 outside his condominium complex and charged with four counts of aggravated assault and four counts of unlawful use of a weapon. Police accuse him of threatening four landscapers with a samurai-style sword. He raised the sword over his head and told them to stop work and go home, reports said. Officers found the sword in Holobud's garage and witnesses identified him, according to the reports. His court date is July 19.
• Jennifer R. Weissmann, 38, of the 1100 block of Marshall Drive, Des Plaines, was arrested around 5:20 p.m. June 28 at a Marathon gas station, 102 W. Northwest Hwy., and charged with resisting arrest and battery. Reports gave this account: An officer on patrol saw Weissmann and two male companions drinking alcohol behind the station. Weissmann swore at him and threatened to shoot him. She started to walk toward an open duffel bag but, instead, walked to a bicycle and tried to ride away. The officer stopped her and she kicked the officer and elbowed him; the officer pepper sprayed her.
• Juan Ortiz, 36, of the 2200 block of Birch Lane, Rolling Meadows, was arrested around 12:10 a.m. June 29 during a police roadside safety checkpoint on the 2300 block of South Arlington Heights Road, and charged with two counts of aggravated DUI, illegal transportation of open liquor and driving without a driver's license. Reports said officers found five open cans of beer, one of them cold and half full, inside his car.
• Vandals hurled eggs between midnight and 6:10 a.m. June 28 that damaged specialized flooring on the front porch at a home on the 1300 block of North Illinois Avenue. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
• Vandals punctured a copper coolant line between Aug. 31, 2012, and June 27 on an air conditioner unit outside a home on the 600 block of East Oakton Street. Damage was estimated at $600.
• Thieves stole a men's blue bicycle valued at $190 and may have taken a men's road bike valued at $250 locked at the Metra depot, 45 W. Northwest Hwy., between 3:30 and 4 p.m. June 27. A witness in a car saw them cutting a chain attached to the blue bike and saw them standing over the road bike. They reportedly placed one or both bikes into a white work van and drove away.
• Thieves stole three credit cards between 6 and 8 p.m. June 28 out of a customer's purse at Coopers Hawk Winery, 798 W. Algonquin Road. The victim hung her purse on a hook at the bar during a wine tasting event. Offenders used one card to make two successful charges: over $2,000 at Nordstroms in Woodfield Mall and over $1,000 at Carsons at Streets of Woodfield. The card was declined when offenders tried to charge $450 in merchandise at a Target in Hillside.
• Thieves stole an unlocked blue 21-speed mountain bike valued at $200 between 2 and 2:15 p.m. June 27 and an unlocked blue mountain bike valued at $500 between 2 and 2:29 p.m. June 30 outside a sporting goods store, 401 E. Palatine Road.
• Burglars stole $150 between 9:25 and 11 a.m. June 28 out of a purse in a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe in an insurance office lot, 928 W. Algonquin Road. The offenders apparently reached through an open window, took the cash, and tossed the purse back into the car.
• Burglars stole $2,800 out of a wallet in a 2013 Lincoln MKX and left the wallet on the passenger's-side seat. The offenders apparently found the vehicle's key fob between 1 and 3:30 p.m. June 28 after it fell out of the victim's pocket in the Northwest Community Hospital Wellness Center, 900 W. Central Road.
• Thieves stole a silver 2003 Chevrolet Silverado extended cab pickup truck between 10 p.m. June 28 and 11 a.m. June 29 out of a rear apartment parking lot on the 600 block of West Rand Road.
• Burglars opened an unlocked window between 6 and 10 p.m. June 29 at a home on the 1600 block of West Olive Street, ransacked rooms and stole a desktop computer and jewelry box with costume jewelry and gold hoop earrings and gold rings. Value was estimated at $3,100.
• Joseph D. Whitehair, 21, of the 300 block of South Harvard, Villa Park, was arrested June 26 on the 400 block of East Drury Lane and charged with residential burglary.
• Thieves stole $445 out of a wallet June 25 after the owner left the wallet on the rear bumper and drove from a store lot at 150 W. Main St. The wallet was turned in but the cash was missing.
• A motorist pumped gas valued at $59 at BP gas station, 205 N. Northwest Hwy., June 25 but left without paying.
• Guadalupe J. Campuzano, 18, of the 100 block of Grant Street, Barrington, was arrested June 28 at Hough Street and Route 14 and charged with possession of marijuana, no driver's license and traffic violations. A court date is Aug. 13.
• Burglars stole a purse June 28 out of an unlocked vehicle in a garage on the 200 block of Astoria Court.
• Vandals sprayed paint on two park benches and a garbage can around 2:55 p.m. July 2 on the 800 block of McHenry Road.
• Thieves stole two Waste Management garbage cans overnight June 25-26 on the 800 block of Checker Road.
• Thieves stole two lawn ornaments around 3 p.m. June 25 on the 800 block of Lehigh.
• Thieves stole a spare tire between June 16 and 20 stored under a vehicle on the 800 block of Stradford Circle.
• Burglars stole undisclosed items June 20 out of an unlocked home on the 900 block of Burgess.
• Thieves in a truck pulled up to a home around 10 p.m. June 17 on the 200 block of Navajo and stole items the owner had placed on the lawn.
• Levell Leflore, 18, of the 2100 block of South Chestnut Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 12:15 p.m. June 26 at his home and charged with battery. Police reports accused him of punching a 21-year-old woman in the face on the 2000 block of South Pine Street. The woman fell to the ground, briefly unconscious. Officers found her standing in the street crying and bleeding from her nose. Reports said Leflore and a male companion ran through Apace Park and disappeared, but the victim, who reportedly owed Leflore $20, directed officers to his home. She was treated at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge. Leflore's court date is July 31.
• Larry T. Austin, 27, of the 1400 block of East Willow Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 4:35 a.m. June 29 on he 1400 block of East Willow Avenue and charged with attempted burglary after the owner of a Mitsubishi Eclipse heard his car alarm and told police he saw Austin sitting inside. Reports said the victim shouted at Austin and he ran from the car; officers and a police dog found him nearby.
• Burglars forced open a rear door at Best Vision, 865 S. Elmhurst Road, between 6 p.m. June 25 and 8 a.m. June 26 and stole tools valued at $3,000 belonging a contractor. The victim told officers he had noticed six spools of copper wire missing the week before, but he did not contact police.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of an open locker in a men's locker room at the YMCA, 300 E. Northwest Hwy., around 7:10 a.m. June 27. The victim was taking a shower at the time. The offenders took $100 and dropped the wallet outside the main entrance.
• Jeramie T. Rivera, 26, of the 7100 block of West Agatite Avenue, Norridge, was arrested around 8:10 p.m. June 27 on the 800 block of East Oakton Street and charged with possession of a controlled substance (cocaine), driving too fast for conditions, and no valid driver's license. His court date is July 5.
• Thieves used a pry bar to open mailboxes between 7 p.m. June 26 and 11 a.m. June 28 in an apartment building on the 700 block of West Holiday Lane and steal $1,100 that a female renter had placed in the landlord's mailbox.
• Thieves stole a tool cart valued at $600 between noon and 2 p.m. June 27 out of a commercial business at 701 S. Lee St.
• A man was seen on a security video taking seven bottles of merchandise between 12:30 and 1 p.m. June 25 from GNC, 1535 S. Lee St. Value was estimated at $213.
• Burglars entered a 2008 Nissan Rouge, 2003 BMW 525I and 2007 Chrysler Pacifica between 9 a.m. June 28 and 7 a.m. June 29 in a driveway on the 1500 block of East Sherman Place and stole a gold ring, gold bracelet, cash, and wallet out of one of the vehicles. Burglars also entered a 2011 Subaru Legacy in another driveway on the 1500 block of East Sherman Place between 8 p.m. June 28 and 8:15 a.m. June 29 and took $2 in change. All four vehicles were unlocked.
• Thieves stole a full-size steel hockey goal valued at $150 out of a backyard on the 900 block of Jeannette Street between June 19 and 26.
• Burglars entered a home on the 900 block of West Villa Drive between 6:30 p.m. June 29 and 6:30 p.m. June 30 and stole jewelry valued at $800.
• Christopher Emery, 25, of the 4300 block of Belden Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 11:30 a.m. June 20 at the Skokie Courthouse, 5600 Old Orchard Road, and charged with felony theft after police accused him of using counterfeit money to purchase a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix from a Mount Prospect resident Feb. 9 on the 1000 block of South Busse Road. A court date is July 11.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Saturn Aura between 9:30 p.m. June 25 and 7:30 a.m. June 26 on the 1900 block of West Algonquin Road and stole two subwoofer speakers. Loss was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole an unlocked gray mountain bike, two unlocked small black bicycles and an orange scooter between 6 and 6:15 p.m. June 26 from a back porch at a home on the 900 block of Wheeling Road. Value was estimated at $157.
• Marie R. Leon, 47, of the 200 block of Meier Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 10:15 p.m. June 28 at Carson's, 1025 Center Drive, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after a security agent told police he saw her hide one pair of earrings in her pocket and three pairs in her purse and leave without paying, according to police reports. Value was estimated at $158.
• Burglars stole drills, saws, and sanders around 10 a.m. June 14 out of an unlocked work van on the 600 block of South Warren Avenue. Value was estimated at more than $1,300.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer valued at $1,300, two microphones, a camera, CDs and computer cables between 2:30 and 3 p.m. June 15 out of an unlocked 2012 Nissan sedan on the 1500 block of East Dundee Road.
• Burglars stole a GPS valued at $100 between 2 and 6 p.m. June 16 out of an unlocked 2002 Ford sedan.
• Jorge Martinez, 30, of the 1800 block of North Green Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 10:40 p.m. June 16 on Dundee Road at Kennedy Drive and charged with illegal transportation of alcohol, DUI, and traffic violations.
• Melanie Joy Del Quadro, 27, of the 0-100 block of Windsor, Des Plaines, was arrested around 2:05 a.m. June 13 on Smith and Slade streets and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, DUI, and traffic violations.
• Jerry J. Anselmini, 18, of the 2400 block of New Wilke Road, Rolling Meadows, was arrested June 1 on the 4400 block of Magnolia Drive and charged with possession of marijuana after officers were called to reports of underage drinking at a house party. He ran but officers found him hiding in bushes at a neighbor's yard, reports said. His court date is July 15.
• Mario Marron, 26, of the 2600 block of Fulle Street, Rolling Meadows; Rogelio Ruiz-Gonzalez, 32, of the 2300 block of Algonquin Parkway, Rolling Meadows; and Oracio Quinon, 34, of the 2200 block of Algonquin Parkway, Rolling Meadows, were arrested around 10:20 p.m. June 16 at Quinon's home and charged with battery after an argument turned physical, reports said. Marron was struck with an unknown object, causing a laceration that required several staples. Quinon also was arrested on a failure to appear warrant from the Cook County Sheriff's Police for no driver's license. Their court date is July 30.
• Thieves stole an envelope containing $350 around 2:20 p.m. June 15 from an open change machine at Dud N Suds, 3985 Algonquin Road. According to the clerk, left the open change machine unattended for several minutes.