Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars broke into a car around 7:30 p.m. May 23 on the 1600 block of Route 59 and stole a purse. Loss was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole a scooter from the 100 block of West North Avenue around 6 a.m. May 20. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole 15 feet of copper piping out of a vacant home on the 400 block of Nicole Drive May 21. Value was estimated at $1,000.
Elk Grove Village
• William J. Stanton, 22, of the 1400 block of Volkamer Trail, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 3:25 a.m. May 11 on the 1400 block of Kathleen Way and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is June 10.
• Jonathan Morales, 20, of the 9700 block of Pacific Avenue, Franklin Park, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. May 12 at Biesterfield Road and White Trail and charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance. His court date is May 31.
• Mario L. Reyes, 25, of the 3200 block of West Arthington, Chicago, and Najeeb Z. Ahmad, 26, of the 8800 block of North Grant, Niles, were arrested around 3:15 a.m. May 17 on the 1600 block of Oakton Street and charged with disorderly conduct. Their court date is June 27.
• Joshua C. Truesdale, 28, of the 1900 block of Patriot Boulevard, Glenview, was arrested around 4:15 a.m. May 14 on the 250 block of Touhy Avenue and charged with DUI and possession of alcohol and drug paraphernalia. His court date is June 19.
• Matthew T. Pedrosa, 26, of the 2900 block of North Harding, Chicago, was arrested around 10:30 a.m. May 8 at his home and charged with theft. His court date is May 31.
• Burglars cut the convertible top on a 2001 BMW Z3 and stole a pair of sunglasses between 7 p.m. May 15 and 7:15 a.m. May 16 in a parking lot at 630 Perrie. Loss was estimated at $1,150.
• Burglars stole a GPS and cable out of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze between 4 p.m. May 10 and 1:30 p.m. May 11 in a service lot at Hoskins Chevrolet, 175 N. Arlington Heights Road. Value was estimated at $250.
• Carlos Rueda, 43, of the 7300 block of Briarwood, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:40 p.m. May 21 at his home and charged with aggravated assault/battery.
• Marcin Kopiczko, 25, of the 100 block of Azalea Drive, Streamwood, was arrested around 5:40 p.m. May 21 on a Cook County parole violation/unlawful contact with street gang member.
• Mario A. Huerta, 18, of the 500 block of Onyx, Schaumburg, and Oscar I. Salas, 19, of the 0-100 block of Boxwood, Streamwood, were arrested around 5:10 p.m. May 20 on the 8100 block of Brockton and charged with aggravated assault.
• Glenn Stevens, 20, of the 1400 block of Indian Hill, Hanover Park, and Sal A. Scardina, 19, of the 2100 block of Romm Court, Schaumburg, were arrested around 11:30 p.m. May 22 at Steven's home. Stevens was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor; Scardina was charged with unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Andrew M. Guerrero, 18, of the 1100 block of Court G, Hanover Park, was arrested around 5:50 p.m. May 22 at his home and charged with criminal sexual abuse.
• Brian Rosas, 18, of the 5500 block of Ridge Crossing, Hanover Park, and Mark Picazo, 19, of the 400 block of Woodhollow, Bartlett, were arrested around 9:50 p.m. May 22 at County Farm and Greenbrook. Rosas was charged with DUI drugs; Picazo was charged with unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.
• Robert Juberg, 57, of the 0-100 block of Harrison, Streamwood, was arrested around 12:15 p.m. May 22 on the 7400 block of Astor and charged with criminal trespass to land.
• John Lee W. Wolfe, 18, of the 1800 block of Marigold, Hanover Park, was arrested around 1:25 p.m. May 18 at Highland and Spruce and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Jose M. Renteria, 24, of the 600 block of Littleton, Elgin, was arrested around 11:40 p.m. May 18 on the 2100 block of Maple and charged with battery.
• Burglars stole tools out of a vehicle May 18-20 on the 7600 block of Windsor.
• Thieves stole the rear passenger's-side tire between 9:30 p.m. May 15 and 6 a.m. May 16 from a 2007 Nissan Sentra in a business lot at 940 Atlantic Ave. and replaced it with a flat tire. Value was estimated at $350.
• A burglar entered through an open rear door at Styx and Stonz, 1758 W. Algonquin Road, between 1 and 4 p.m. May 18 and stole money out of two purses and a desk in the rear office. Value was estimated at $119.
• Burglars stole a video game console valued at $200 and a diagnostic reader between 5 p.m. May 15 and 5 a.m. May 16 out of an unlocked 2003 Dodge truck in a driveway on the 1100 block of Apricot Street.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and two chargers overnight May 18-19 out of an unlocked 2007 Cadillac CTS in a driveway on the 1000 block of Harmon Boulevard. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a customer's wallet from a table at McDonald's, 1576 N. Rand Road, between 9:15 and 9:30 a.m. May 19. Value was estimated at $425.
• Thieves stole a wallet between 10:15 and 10:25 a.m. May 15 from a customer at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road. Contents included five Six Flags Great America season passes, cash, social security card, bank cards, gift cards and IDs. Value was estimated at $635.
• Burglars stole a men's gold mountain bike and a men's blue mountain bike between May 15 and 19 out of a locked storage locker in an apartment building on the 1400 block of North Winslowe Drive.
• Thieves stole a men's green bicycle valued at $317 out of an open garage on the 1500 block of North St. Mark's Place between March 29 and May 14.
• Burglars stole $20 in change, four watches and several pieces of jewelry out of an unlocked and unoccupied home on the 1100 block of West Illinois Avenue between 6:30 and 7:45 p.m. May 14.
• Jose J. Calderon-Perez, 27, of the 2200 block of Pennview Lane, Schaumburg, was arrested around 8 p.m. May 9 at his home and charged with battery. Police said he hit a man in the face during an argument. He also was arrested on charges of three outstanding warrants from Carpentersville, South Barrington, and DuPage County. A court date is June 7.
• Elizabeth Z. Gussis, 53, of the 0-100 block of Bay Reef Drive, Barrington, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. May 10 at Saks Fifth Avenue, 1430 E. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft and criminal damage to property. Police said she stole shoes and a shirt. Her court date is June 7.
• Athanasios Ilias Bolovis, 36, of the 1600 block of Braintree Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. May 8 at Whole Foods, 750 N. Martingale Road, and charged with retail theft after he was accused of taking various food items.
• Marcus D. Mallett, 22, and Lanord S. Mallett, 19, both of the 200 block of East St. Charles Road, Carol Stream, were arrested around 8:30 p.m. May 16 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, after police said they took two electronic items valued at $249, left the store without paying and tossed the items under vehicles in the Sams Club parking lot, 900 S. Barrington Road. Marcus was charged with felony retail theft; Lanord was charged with misdemeanor retail theft because he did not have a previous conviction for theft and the total amount stolen is less than $300. A court date is June 11.
• Laura J. Blomquist, 48, of the 700 block of Lincolnwood, Streamwood, was arrested around 10:20 p.m. May 13 on the 0-100 block of Shagbark and charged with illegal possession of drug paraphernalia. Her court date is June 17.
• Vandals used paint markers to write vulgar graffiti on almost all exterior windows and doors, on the wall of a refrigeration unit, and on a portable toilet at Sunnydale School, 716 Sunnydale Blvd., between 11 p.m. May 16 and 5:50 a.m. May 17. Vandals also wrote graffiti on the back of a white work van a couple of houses south of the school.
• Burglars climbed through an unlocked bedroom window between 9 p.m. May 17 and 7 a.m. May 18 and stole a flat screen TV, a picture frame valued at $200, and a men's wallet out of the apartment. The male and female residents were sleeping on a couch in the living room at the time of the burglary.
• Three men stole a woman's wallet out of a 2011 Toyota Prius around 11 p.m. May 18 at a home on the 100 block of Cedar Circle. A neighbor saw the three offenders open the car door and, when the neighbor went outside, they fled westbound.
• Thieves stole an unlocked silver GT bicycle out of the backyard at a home on the 1200 block of Lincoln Court between 10 p.m. May 18 and 10 a.m. May 19.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close