Want to take a course without leaving home? Enroll in online continuing education classes offered through the Oakton Alliance for Lifelong Learning.
• Protect Your Money, Credit, and Identity (FIN E31-332). Do you worry about identity theft or losing your money to scammers? Find out how to protect yourself against credit card fraud, Internet scams, and real estate "dirty tricks."
• Going Green at Home (HEC B03-332). Discover simple, cost-effective ways to make your home green. From shopping and cooking to decorating and cleaning, find hundreds of eco-friendly ideas you can put to work instantly.
• Computer Skills for the Workplace (DAT A17-332). Learn the fundamental computer skills you need to succeed in today's workplace. Discover practical applications for email, word processors, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Luscious, Low-fat and Lightning Quick Meals (HEC E16-332). Find out how easy it can be to prepare meals that are delicious and nutritious. Gain access to more than 50 exciting and easy recipes for tasty entrees, side dishes, desserts and garnishes.
• Start Your Own Edible Garden (BOT E14-332). Discover how to save money and become more self-sufficient by growing a bounty of fruit and vegetables in your own backyard.
Featured courses cost $114 ($75 for in-district seniors) and run from July 19--Sept. 7.
All registrants will be charged an $8 nonrefundable processing fee at the time of registration. For a complete Alliance for Lifelong Learning class schedule, including registration and fee information, visit www.oakton.edu/all, or call (847) 982-9888, press 3.