Fire causes minimal damage at Schaumburg school
A small rubbish fire caused minimal damage Monday night to a Schaumburg school, authorities said.
The blaze ignited around 7:30 p.m. at Winston Churchill Elementary School, located at 1520 N. Jones Road.
Schaumburg Fire Capt. John Steele said the fire was related to an asbestos removal project, and that most of the damage was kept outside of the building.
He said crews had to break glass to enter the padlocked school but managed to extinguish the blaze within a couple of minutes.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close