Graduates in Class of 2022: 479
Graduation ceremony: Wednesday, May 18
Graduation Speaker: Senior Speaker Kaitlyn Hannon; Lucas Vittore, musical performance; Staff member Mr. Mark Maxwell was selected by the seniors to speak
Class president: Frances Bajorat
• Orchestra was selected to play at the 2022 Illinois Musical Education All-State Conference in Peoria.
• MSL Speech Champion in Special Occasion Speaking -- Autumn Hong.
• District 214 Robot Rumble (robot build champions).
• Orchesis Dance performed in the Illinois Dance Festival. The name of the performance is "Insidiou," choreographed by Orchesis member Katrina Miletic.
• 2nd place for "Kate," by Bridgett O'Grady for the Visual Art for the District 214 and Daily Herald Arts Unlimited Contest
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them: Each student had their own individual experience during the COVID-19 global pandemic. With the grace and dedication of these seniors, their families, and the staff members at RMHS we progressed week to week as a school community.
What was new in 2021-22: Rolling Meadows High School became an official member of FFA, with the expansion of our Agriculture Academic program to include Veterinary Science 1, 2, and now the addition of Assisting Animal Behavior.
• Musical -- "Addams Family Musical"
• Play -- "Our Town"
• Boys Basketball MSL East and Regional Champions.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022:
This senior class was passionate and determined to excel in the fine and performing arts, athletics, and in extracurricular activities, taking full advantage of being together once again as a school community. The seniors participated in many exciting academic activities: from Culinary Arts working with Rep's Place to build a summer menu, to building a high mileage car in engineering and manufacturing that won 1st place at the District 214 Joliet Speedway event, to exploring all of our academic pathways in art, music, theater, STEM, education, agriculture, IT, aviation and transportation, business, world languages, human services, law, and health careers. The Class of 2022 demonstrated school spirit and embraced Mustang Pride. I am so proud of, and happy for, the Class of 2022 graduates!
-- Principal Eileen Hart