Santa to visit Schaumburg during annual Tree Lighting Ceremony Nov. 24
The public is invited to attend Schaumburg's free annual tree lighting ceremony on Friday, Nov. 24. Highlights include caroling and a visit from Santa Claus.
The evening's activities will begin at 6 p.m. with holiday caroling by the Schaumburg Choral Program at the Al Larson Prairie Center for the Arts, 201 Schaumburg Court. Santa will be escorted by the Schaumburg Fire Department and will arrive at 6:30 p.m., to light the tree located in the Jack Siegel Memorial Plaza, located between the Robert O. Atcher Municipal Center and the Al Larson Prairie Center for the Arts.
A new 22-foot tree and holiday decorations will be featured in the plaza and provide wonderful opportunities for Instagram-worthy photos. New decorations include a beautiful gold sleigh that people can sit in, and a large picture frame decorated with garland to stand behind to take photos, along with lighted gift boxes. Ornaments crafted by area youth groups and organizations will also be displayed. Santa will be greeted by village officials who will assist him with his lighting duties. After the tree lighting, Santa will meet with children in the Prairie Center's Maggie Atcher Theatre, where parents and guardians are encouraged to bring their cameras or use their phones for photos. Seasonal entertainment will be featured, and refreshments will be sponsored by Bright Horizons.
Attendees are encouraged to bring nonperishable food and household items to this event for the Schaumburg Township Food Pantry. Requested items include nonperishable food items, paper goods, personal care items, baby formula, and diapers. All items can be placed in the designated boxes located at each of the Prairie Center entrances.
Schedule of Activities:
• 6 to 6:30 p.m.: Caroling by the Schaumburg Choral Program in the Maggie Atcher Theatre.
• 6 to 8:30 p.m.: Holiday balloon twisters.
• 6:30 p.m.: Santa arrives via fire truck to light the tree with village officials outside in the Jack Siegel Memorial Plaza.
• 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.: Character appearances featuring The Elf on the Shelf and a Gingerbread Cookie.
• 6:45 to 8:30 p.m.: Santa will be available for photos with children in the Maggie Atcher Theatre and strolling performances by the Hoffman Estates High School Madrigals outside and inside the Prairie Center.
For information, contact Special Events coordinator, Roxane Benvenuti, at email@example.com or dial 11 in Schaumburg.