Explore, rejuvenate and reconnect at a women's weekend nature retreat
Escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and immerse yourself in a restorative weekend designed for women who share a deep appreciation for the natural world.
"Women's Weekend: A Nurturing Nature Retreat" is an invigorating two-day journey filled with outdoor activities, therapeutic pursuits and the opportunity to connect with like-minded souls at Camp Tomo Chi-Chi Knolls.
Nestled within Freeman Kame-Meagher Forest Preserve, participants can attend from Saturday, Sept. 2, at 10 a.m. through Sunday, Sept. 3, at 10 a.m.
Discover the highlights of "Women's Weekend":
• Engage in outdoor activities, including nature walking, hiking, botanizing and yoga.
• Explore your artistic side with an art project.
• Delight your taste buds with a hands-on cast iron cooking class by the "Dutch-Oven Diva" Lesley Tennessen.
• Gather for conversations around a communal campfire for stargazing and s'mores. Bring your instruments!
• Partake in shared meals and snacks throughout the weekend.
• Enjoy the comforts of indoor bathrooms, showers and a fully-equipped kitchen in the Tomo Lodge.
All participants should provide their own yoga mat and reusable water bottle.
Overnight participants should provide their own tent and sleeping gear.
For those who prefer not to spend the night, an option to depart for the evening and return the next morning is available.
Freeman-Kame Meagher Forest Preserve is located at 40W095 Freeman Road in Gilberts.
Registration for this retreat is open until Thursday, Aug. 24, and full payment is required at registration.
Participants must be 18 years or older to join. The fee is $149 per person. The district will supply snacks, all meals, activity instruction and supplies, and access to indoor bathrooms, shower, and kitchen.
To secure your spot, call (630) 444-3190 or email email@example.com.