Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital launches new website
Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital in Hines just launched a new website that gives patients better service and an easier online experience: www.va.gov/hines-health-care.
Veterans, families and caregivers have said that past VA websites can be confusing to navigate and do not match their VA health care journey.
Hines VA's new online home is part of a VA-wide effort to better meet patient needs through a modern online experience at medical centers and health care facilities nationwide.
The new website provides everything patients need to prepare for visits, get care and connect with their VA health care teams, including:
• Directions to Hines VA and its six outpatient clinics;
• Up-to-date contact information;
• Parking and transportation information;
• Hospital and clinic hours;
• Patient registration;
• Making appointments and refilling prescriptions.
Veterans will find a new complete list of VA health services, social programs and care coordinators, including:
• Primary and specialty care;
• Mental health care;
• Caregiver support and care coordinators for women veterans, LGBT veterans, returning service members and more.
Mobile users will enjoy the new website's mobile-platform optimization that offers users all content and tools in just one or two clicks, including:
• Online scheduling, prescription refills and access to medical records;
• A new list of health services that uses veteran-friendly names and descriptions;
• New social and health program pages that make it easier to connect Veterans and their caregivers with care coordinators to help them with their health care journey;
• Increased speed and mobile features that allow users to call VA or get driving directions with a single click.
Check out the new website at www.va.gov/hines-health-care.
The old website is no longer functional, and user will automatically be directed to the new site. It's all part of Hines VA's continuing work to improve the veteran experience.
Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital, located 12 miles west of downtown Chicago on a 147-acre campus, offers primary, extended and specialty care to veteran patients in the Chicago area. It is the largest VA in the state of Illinois, where more than a million veterans reside. The hospital treats more than 44,000 veterans from World War II through the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.