Get in tune with Oakton music classes
Music education offers many benefits to students, including developing language and reasoning skills, mastering memorization, teaching discipline, increasing coordination and building self-confidence. Starting Jan. 21, students of all skill levels can take courses in music at Oakton Community College, 1600 E. Golf Road, Des Plaines.
Classes are offered in the following areas:
• Brass. Contact Mark Olen, music instructor, at email@example.com.
• Cello and Music Theory. Contact Alexa Muhly, music instructor, at (847) 376-7162 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Choir and Voice. Contact Sara Torbeck, music instructor, at (847) 635-1907 or email@example.com.
• Guitar, Guitar Ensemble and Jazz Guitar. Contact Tom Clippert, music instructor, at (847) 376-7004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jazz Band. Contact Mark Olen, music instructor, at email@example.com.
• Percussion. Contact Bret Sher, music instructor, at (847) 635-1905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Piano and Six Piano Ensemble. Contact Glenna Sprague, coordinator and professor of music, at (847) 635-1905 or email@example.com.
• Violin, Viola and String Ensemble. Contact Daniel Golden, music instructor at (847) 376-7108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Woodwinds. Contact Tim McNamara, music instructor, at email@example.com.
Spring semester class listings may be found online: www.oakton.edu/academics/all_credit_courses/spring.php?area=Music#listings.