Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
For the first time in years, incomes are rising faster than home valuesUpdated Sep 23, 2016 12:49 PM According to a new report from Zillow, a real estate and rental marketplace, incomes are now rising faster than home values for the first time since 2011. The data shows that home values have been growing at a 5 percent annual rate since the beginning of...
Silicon Valley venture capitalists pay the highest rent in the U.S. Posted Sep 24, 2016 7:16 AM
Tech investors are willing to pay a premium for close proximity to other big firms, the companies that might buy or do business with their startups, and the suburban homes of investing partners.
Setting a realistic asking price for a home Posted Sep 24, 2016 6:01 AM
One of the most important decisions the owner of a newly listed home must make is what price to ask in the listing. If it’s too low, the property will probably sell fast but at a price lower than its market value. If it’s too high, it may...
Mortgage interest rate fundamentals Posted Sep 24, 2016 6:00 AM
The largest financial transaction most homeowners undertake is their home mortgage, yet very few fully understand how mortgages are priced.
- More articles
- Four tips to expertly measure your windows
- How to choose and hang the perfect curtains for your home
- Think of interest as rent
- NAI Hiffman completes five lease transactions in Bannockburn
- Luxury washes over the modern master bath
- Tech investors offer cash for future home equity
- Franklin Partners buy Oak Brook building
- U. of Illinois students studying historic Schaumburg home
- Revised townhome plan gets OK for former Forge Club site in Vernon Hils
- US home sales fell in August as inventories plummet
- NAI Hiffman completes 6 industrial transactions
- UK central bank warns of financial risks in wake of Brexit
- Change is everywhere in industrial real estate
- NAI Hiffman completes five lease transaction for Evanston office owner
- Mundelein explores options for downtown district
- New day care to be built in Arlington Heights
- District 211 has 3-year plan for vacant property in Schaumburg
- Batavia buys another site for One North Washington development
- US home construction slumped in August; big dip in the South
- Entre brokers building purchase in Schaumburg
- Inland sells Naperville’s Freedom Commons property
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Celebrity Real Estate: Reba McEntire, Michael J. Fox, Brian Wilson Posted Sep 13, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Michael Phelps and Joel McHale Posted Sep 2, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Seth Meyers, John Legend, Stella McCartney Posted Aug 26, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Kelsey Grammer, David Geffen, Craig Newmark Posted Aug 9, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Donald Trump, Kevin Jonas, Merv Griffin Posted Jul 22, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Christie Brinkely, Scottie Pippen, Matt Lauer Posted Jul 15, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Cher, Ben Stiller, Hope Solo Posted Jul 8, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Puff Daddy, Playboy Mansion, Rebel Wilson Posted Jun 24, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Salma Hayek, Beyonce, Kylie Jenner Posted Jun 6, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Alan Cumming and Colin Powell Posted May 19, 2016
Check closely: 'Perfect' home may have hidden flawsYou fell in love with the kitchen and the back yard is perfect. But don't get too caught up in your excitement to overlook serious red flags when shopping for your next home.
How to stand out among rising home valuesHome sales are up during the first half of 2016 compared with the same period last year. And the average sales price is up for many suburbs when compared with the first six months of last year. Bottom line? It's a thriving market and trending upward.
Market rebound strongest on lower endDenise Curry of Baird & Warner Real Estate in Palatine has been selling homes and properties for a decade so she has seen a lot of ups and downs in the market. It was flying high when she started in 2007, then quickly sunk into the depths of the recession. Now it is on a wobbly rebound.