Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
Co-tenants can be held liable to pay each other’s rentUpdated Oct 8, 2015 5:09 PM Landlords often include a clause in their lease contracts that many co-tenants don’t realize makes them responsible for a roommate’s missed rental payments.
Upfront insurance to cover down payment Posted Oct 9, 2015 1:00 AM
When you put down thousands of dollars to purchase a home, you’re taking a potentially serious financial risk: You could lose some or all of that money if the value of the house declines or a job transfer, illness or other life event forces you to...
Uncovering a hidden fireplace Posted Oct 9, 2015 1:00 AM
Q. Our house is very old, and there seems to be a fireplace that was covered over with wallboard. We’d like to restore the fireplace but have no idea what we’ll find when we open the wall. Once we do this, what professional should we...
Newly built homes in days rather than months Posted Oct 9, 2015 1:00 AM
Today, many homebuilders offer quick-move-in homes for customers who want the advantage of new construction, but they can’t wait six to nine months for a house to be built.
- More articles
- Mount Prospect backs tax break for contractor’s expansion
- Des Plaines gives downtown townhouse plan second chance
- Gallagher transforming Rolling Meadows offices
- Ex-UN General Assembly head among 6 held in bribery scheme
- NAI Hiffman represents General Growth in 5 office transactions
- Egg Harbor Cafe in Schaumburg now open
- Scientists working to grow the best tomato
- Des Plaines rezones former Littelfuse site as residential
- Schaumburg’s Schweikher house open for tours
- Off-price apparel retailer Ross opens in Palatine
- Tiny 1950s brick rambler gets a major makeover
- Small spaces are great to indulge your style
- Baby boomers slow to make sensible home improvements
- Removing stucco stains requires a soft-bristle touch
- More California winemakers using less water to grow grapes
- Find a weekend renovation project
- New life after Young House Love got old
- Geneva adds 8 spots for affordable housing
- Growing HVAC company opens showroom
- Board not required to call a discussion meeting of owners before the budget is adopted
- Former Horizon Farms owners ask U.S. Supreme Court to intervene
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Mortgage Rates Fall to Low Levels Posted Sep 25, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Sela Ward, Kathleen Turner, Richard Gere Posted Sep 18, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Norah Jones, Julianne Moore, Melanie Griffith, Antonio Banderas Posted Sep 11, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Neil Young, Tracy Morgan, Marc Anthony Posted Sep 1, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Serena Williams, Venus Wlliams, Alicia Keys Posted Aug 28, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Donald Trump, Rosie O'Donnell, Dennis Miller Posted Aug 20, 2015
Mortgage Rates Expected to Move Lower Posted Aug 12, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Julia Roberts, Hilary Swank, Vince Vaughn, Johnny Galecki Posted Aug 7, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee, Sia Posted Jul 30, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Beck, Taraji P. Henson, Facebook Co-Founder Chris Hughes Posted Jul 24, 2015
Ranch homes have a growing appealRock Creek Development in Huntley took a chance during the recession and purchased 220 acres of land at a good price and launched a homebuilding company. It chose to capitalize on the popularity of Huntley with empty-nesters and retirees by primarily building semi-custom ranch homes at its Henning Estates community.
Designers find perfect rugs in PalatineAs oriental rugs gain in popularity again, these savvy designers are making the trip to the Northwest suburbs to shop for their clients at Rugport, 23 S. Northwest Hwy., because Rugport is a direct importer and manufacturer with rug factories in both India and Pakistan.
More empty-nesters moving away from the cityRealtors along the Randall Road/Route 47 corridor, which includes Huntley, Hampshire, Elgin, Lake-in-the-Hills, Algonquin, Gilberts and other communities, are rejoicing as they experience a 21-percent jump in sales over last year at this time, said Tom Hall, real estate agent with Huntley Realty.