Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
Mortgage borrowers should know how amortization worksUpdated Feb 26, 2015 4:20 PM Recently, I have been getting a lot of mail from mortgage borrowers asking about amortization. Most are considering whether to pay down their loan balance more rapidly, and have suddenly realized that they don’t know how best to do that.
How to choose a real estate agent Posted Feb 28, 2015 12:00 AM
Q. I’ve read your column for years — now it’s my turn to ask for guidance. I will be putting my house on the market in the near future (I hope). What I’m looking for might best be summarized as “seller’s...
Energy efficiency impacts the high-end market Posted Feb 28, 2015 12:00 AM
Harris Custom Builders is synonymous with Old World architecture in the Greater Barrington area. The company constantly work to keep up on the latest advances in luxury homes, founder Evan Harris said. Harris says his homes, for instance, are very energy...
Lawyer not needed to defend small claims lawsuit Posted Feb 28, 2015 12:00 AM
Q. A contractor the board hired to do paving work for the association has filed suit against the association. The contractor claims the association has failed to pay about $8,000 under the contract. Can the association defend itself in this case?
- More articles
- Wauconda candidates not sold on incentives for businesses
- High visibility and use put kitchens in the spotlight
- Signed contracts to buy US homes rise to 18-month high
- The old wood is still good wood
- Taking care of your leather furniture
- Aftermath of an “as-is” home purchase
- How to fight viruses, bacteria that can lurk in your home
- The 6 percent home sale fee isn’t sacred
- Correction: Sears-Results story
- Mt. Prospect might swap who owes transfer tax
- Prosecutor: Former Democratic powerbroker sold influence
- Schaumburg closer to first new apartment complex in 30 years
- CDW, Medline planning offices in Lincolnshire
- Report: Surge in Chinese investment raises fraud risks
- Home proposal for old Gurnee driving range
- Mold removal could be a simple chore ... or a major hassle
- Hoffman Estates mayor paints mixed outlook
- Prospect Heights, Wheeling mayors talk business
- US new home sales fall slightly in January
- Prospect Heights mayor joins opposition to longer runway
- Consider style, shape and size to find your perfect sofa
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Celebrity Real Estate: Jennifer Lopez, Bruce Willis, Steve Martin Posted Feb 27, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Channing Tatum, Marc Anthony, Gary Sinise, Leighton Meester Posted Feb 19, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Joan Rivers, Frank Sinatra, Kobe Bryant Posted Feb 13, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Miley Cyrus, Bob Hope, Olivia Wilde, Bruno Mars Posted Feb 6, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Lena Dunham, Tyra Banks, Donald Rumsfeld Posted Jan 30, 2015
Mortgage Rates Remain Flat, Hold Near 20-Month Lows Posted Jan 23, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Jason Bateman, Scott Disick Posted Jan 16, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Ellen, Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye Posted Jan 8, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Patrick Dempsey, Robert De Niro, Nick Nolte Posted Dec 31, 2014
Celebrity Real Estate: Bruce Willis, Rosie O'Donnell, Andy Garcia Posted Dec 19, 2014
full story »Custom cabinets make any room specialIf you need cabinets, you can find them at a big box store. But how will those low-price cabinets be constructed? Will thye fit correctly within your space? Those are some of the questions posed by Barbara Quatroke, owner of Q’s Cabinet Shoppe in Naperville.
full story »Realtors now rely on social mediaToday, a competent Realtor has to be up to date on modern marketing techniques, such as the use of social media and YouTube, said Carol Lynn Seifert, a Realtor for the past 25 years with Century 21 Langos & Christian in Mount Prospect.
full story »Builder tailors plans for each locationThe executives at William Ryan Homes believe in finding a niche market where they do well and remaining in that niche. But they are constantly refining, improving and becoming more efficient within that area of expertise.