Sanders wins Nevada caucuses, takes national Democratic lead
Bernie Sanders scored a resounding victory in Nevada's presidential caucuses on Saturday, cementing his status as the Democrats' national front-runner amid escalating tensions over whether he's too liberal to defeat President Donald Trump. You can watch live results still coming in.
Wells Fargo to pay $3B to resolve probes into fake accountsWells Fargo has agreed to pay $3 billion to settle criminal and civil investigations into a long-running practice whereby company employees opened millions of unauthorized bank accounts in order to meet unrealistic sales goals
Health officials worry as untraceable virus clusters emergeIn the coronavirus outbreak, it's not the rising numbers that are worrying experts: It's that they can't trace where some disease clusters started
UN: 100,000 civilians casualties in Afghanistan in 10 yearsA U.N. report says Afghanistan passed a grim milestone with more than 100,000 civilians killed or hurt in the last 10 years since the international body began documenting casualties in a war that has raged for 18 years
Weinstein jury indicates it is split on most serious countsIn a note sent to the judge during their lunch break, jurors posed a question asking if it were permissible for them to be hung on two counts of predatory sexual assault while reaching a unanimous verdict on other charges.
US, Taliban to begin a countdown to Afghan peace dealU.S. and Afghan officials have announced a seven-day period of reduced violence as part of a countdown to the signing of a peace agreement between the Taliban and the United States to end 18-years of war in Afghanistan
New Zealand killer of British backpacker sentenced to lifeA New Zealand man has been sentenced to life in prison for murdering a young British backpacker
California sues Trump administration to block water rulesCalifornia has sued the Trump administration to block new rules that would let farmers take more water from the state's rivers
Therapist ties to restore elderly's dignity through musicDEKALB, Ill. (AP) - Jen Conley still remembers her home phone number from growing up with her six siblings because her mother taught them to memorize the digits to the tune of "Mary Had A Little Lamb." "Music is a wonderful mnemonic," Conley said. "You can't often recite a poem from a decade ago but if you hear a song from a long time ago, those lyrics all come back."
Service dog finds job at central Illinois elementary schoolNORMAL, Ill. (AP) - When it came time for 8-year-old golden retriever Zephyr to retire, he didn't know what to do. A service dog of seven years, the usually calm and relaxed dog began showing signs of separation anxiety.
Cases rise in S Korea, China, as Iran, Italy battle outbreakSouth Korea and China have both reported a rise in new virus cases, as the South Korean prime minister warned that the fast-spreading outbreak linked to a local church and a hospital in the country's southeast had entered a 'śmore grave stage."
- 10:01 PMNew Orleans agency: 1 fatally struck by Mardi Gras float
- 9:31 PMPolice: Schaumburg Best Buy burglarized
- 8:39 PMWho lives in park district-owned homes? And how much does it cost them?
- 8:24 PMSouth Korea reports more than 120 new virus cases, 4th fatality, raising the country's total to 556
- 8:21 PMHero in Hanukkah attack declining $20K reward over Zionism
- 7:57 PMInfections climb in South Korea as world fights virus
- 7:23 PMCalifornia couple who vanished for nearly a week found alive
More Suburban News
- SchaumburgPolice: Schaumburg Best Buy burglarized
- Hoffman EstatesI-90 fully open in Hoffman Estates after semi overturns
- Vernon HillsSources of Legionnaires' identified
- Cook CountyBar associations release Cook judicial candidate evaluations
- AuroraTwo charged in Aurora shooting, chase
- Vernon HillsFamous Dave's parent company to own Real Urban BBQ in Vernon Hills
- AuroraMan serving 70 years prison for murder of Aurora boy wants new trial
- SchaumburgSchaumburg man arrested on aggravated stalking charge
- HuntleyPolice: Huntley man injured 6-week-old family member
- BusinessTech firm that's making device for Olympians expands footprint in Arlington Heights
- NewsDistrict 21 receives $623,000 gift from former teacher
- St. CharlesNew owner for Pheasant Run Mega Center?
- MettawaUrlacher's political future unclear after gambling indictment
- Boys' BasketballFeel-good victory for Stevenson over Benet
- Boys' BasketballVictory caps special day for Naperville North