Watch live: 'Bogus' Ukraine theory led to Trump's abuse, Democrats say at impeachment trial
House Democrats pressed into the second day of arguments in President Donald Trump's impeachment case focused intently on the charge of abuse of power, which top prosecutor Adam Schiff said would leave senators with no choice but a finding of "guilt and conviction."
Jim Lehrer of the 'MacNeil-Lehrer Report' dies at 85Jim Lehrer, co-host and later host of the nightly PBS "NewsHour" that for decades offered a thoughtful take on current events, has died, PBS said Thursday. He was 85.
24 hours in, senators flout quaint impeachment rulesAlmost immediately after Chief Justice John Roberts gaveled in Wednesday's session of President Donald Trump's impeachment trial, bored and weary senators started openly flouting some basic guidelines in a chamber that prizes decorum.
Q&A: WHO representative addresses China's new virus outbreakShortly before authorities closed off the Chinese city at the epicenter of an outbreak of a new virus, the World Health Organization sent a team to check conditions on the ground in Wuhan, a city of more than 11 million people
Court to rule in case accusing Myanmar of Rohingya genocideThe United Nations' highest court is set to rule on whether to order Myanmar to halt what has been described as a genocidal campaign against the country's Rohingya Muslims. The International Court of Justice heard the case brought by the African nation of Gambia on behalf of an organization of Muslim nations that accuses Myanmar of genocide in its crackdown on the Rohingya
Billionaire's cash helps Zimbabwe's doctors back from strikeA billionaire has offered to pay striking doctors in Zimbabwe to help end a months-long protest over grave hospital conditions as the economy crumbles
Putin's constitutional proposals OK'd in first Duma readingRussia's parliament has approved a package of constitutional amendments in the first reading Thursday, in a move that has been widely seen as President Vladimir Putin's attempt to stay in on power past the end of his term in 2024
Police bust ring accused of smuggling 10,000 migrants to UKFrench and Dutch police have arrested 23 people accused of involvement in a criminal network that smuggled thousands of migrants from France to Britain
Ex-pharmaceutical exec to be sentenced for pushing opioidThe founder of an Arizona pharmaceutical company is expected to be sentenced in Boston's federal court Thursday for his role in a bribery and kickback scheme that prosecutors said helped fuel the opioid crisis
AP Explains: How climate change feeds Africa locust invasionLocusts by the millions are chomping their way across a large part of Africa in the worst outbreak some places have seen in 70 years
Colombia soccer star extradited to US on trafficking chargesA former midfielder for Colombia's national soccer team has been extradited to the U.S. to face drug trafficking charges
Firefighting plane crashes in Australia, killing 3 AmericansThree American crew members have died when a C-130 Hercules aerial water tanker crashed while battling wildfires in southeastern Australia
- 7:03 AMNFL player Antonio Brown to appear before Florida judge
- 6:59 AMUS Vice President Pence meets Pope Francis at the Vatican
- 6:55 AMHouston building explosion shakes city, scatters debris
- 6:54 AM2 elephants escape from circus in Russian city
- 6:13 AMA freight train blocked traffic for 7 hours. Grayslake leaders call it a 'significant problem.'
- 6:08 AMWhy didn't accusers abandon Weinstein? Expert to weigh in
- 5:54 AM10 Things to Know for Today
More Suburban News
- Elk Grove VillageThree prominent lawyers now involved in Elk Grove term limits case
- Oak Brook3 men steal $10,000 in iPhones from Oak Brook Apple Store
- BartlettMaintenance garage catches fire in Bartlett
- GurneeA Facebook post leads to suspect in Round Lake-area burglaries
- McHenry CountyVoters to decide whether to dissolve McHenry Twp. this year, Nunda Twp. in 2037
- Girls' BasketballRogers helps cinch Rupp's 100th win
- Boys' BasketballCraft hits for 33, eclipses 1,000 in Buffalo Grove's win over Wheeling
- Girls' BasketballSimeon edges Maine West
- Boys' BasketballStevenson graduate Smith keeps soaring at Indiana
- Prep SportsMundelein spoils Libertyville's Senior Night
- Prep WrestlingCary-Grove's hard work pays off vs. Jacobs
- Boys' BasketballStreamwood's big 2nd half trips up South Elgin
- BataviaHow development along the Fox has changed the Tri-Cities
- Elk Grove VillageSchaumburg on Stage brings Disney's high-energy musical 'Newsies' to life on stage
- GrayslakeA freight train blocked traffic for 7 hours. Grayslake leaders call it a 'significant problem.'
Through the Film Magnifier: A Vietnam POW, frog jumping, drag-racing cars, klondike sledding and more