Kavanaugh allegations agitate White House, Capitol. Supreme Court is quiet.
When nine people are bound together by life tenure and equally weighted votes, there are reasons to live and let live.
House Judiciary Committee to hold 1st impeachment hearingAs they investigate President Donald Trump, Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee will hold their 1st official hearing in what they are calling an impeachment investigation
Cokie Roberts, longtime political journalist, dies at 75Cokie Roberts, the daughter of politicians who grew up to cover the family business in Washington for ABC News and NPR over several decades, died Tuesday in Washington of complications from breast cancer
Gasoline pump prices in U.S. set to jump after Saudi attackAn increase of 15-30 cents per gallon in average U.S. pump prices is likely during the repairs in Saudi Arabia, an analyst said.
Lightfoot wants to ban use of marijuana in public places, ban sales in the LoopChicago would prohibit the use of recreational marijuana in public places by all adults and declare the sale of legal weed off limits in the Central Business District under new zoning rules drafted by Mayor Lori Lightfoot's administration, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
Chinese envoy going to US to prepare for trade talksChinese Cabinet official going to Washington to prepare for trade negotiations
AP Analysis: Saudi oil attack part of dangerous new patternAP Analysis: Precision strike on Saudi Arabia's oil infrastructure follows dangerous pattern of murky attacks in Persian Gulf
Here's what Congress is considering doing on gunsDemocrats want universal background checks; Republicans don't. Can they meet in the middle?
Police find AK-47 in bedroom of teen who allegedly wanted to 'shoot 400 people for fun'Police found an AK-47 with six magazines and a 12-gauge shotgun with a stock sleeve filled with extra shells in Alexis Wilson's bedroom.
Japanese officials cautious on prospects for US trade dealJapanese officials cautious on prospects for US trade deal promised by Trump
AP Explains: Israel's parliamentary electionsAP Explains: In Israel's national elections, Netanyahu chasing historic 5th term under cloud of corruption allegations
- 4:00 PMProgress reported in contract talks between GM, union
- 3:55 PMMcConnell says Congress in 'holding pattern' on gun control
- 3:45 PMShot fired in Vernon Hills neighborhood puts schools on brief lockdown
- 3:27 PMVeteran television newsman Sander Vanocur dies at 91
- 3:20 PM'Blood money'? Purdue settlement would rely on opioid sales
- 3:19 PMHong Kong activists appeal to US lawmakers to help movement
- 3:19 PMExit polls signal setback for Israel's Netanyahu in election
More Suburban News
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove establishes new tax on recreational marijuana sales
- MundeleinDoes Mundelein need a new fire station? Independent study to examine issue
- Island LakeIsland Lake plan would allow marijuana dispensaries in some areas of village
- KildeerTacos Guanajuato opens in Kildeer
- SchaumburgRow houses added to plans for Schaumburg's massive north-side project
- WheatonCrews replacing water main along Wheaton's Manchester Road
- BataviaBatavia man charged with solicitation of a sexual act
- Kane CountyOhio man sentenced in Kane County for illegal gun purchase
- NapervillePet dog perishes in Naperville house fire
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Geneva surges to win at St. Charles North
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Glenbard West shuts out WW South
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Fremd bounces back to beat Lake Zurich
- Vernon HillsShot fired in Vernon Hills neighborhood puts schools on brief lockdown
- Lake CountyFacing teacher shortage, Lake County special education district freezes enrollment
- WaukeganWaukegan man faces drug charges