Deal sealed on federal budget, ensuring no shutdown, default
President Donald Trump and congressional leaders announced late Monday they had struck a critical debt and budget agreement. The deal amounts to an against-the-odds victory for Washington pragmatists seeking to avoid politically dangerous tumult over the possibility of a government shutdown or first-ever federal default.
In high-stakes Mueller hearing, there are big risks for everyoneRobert Mueller has vowed he won't go beyond what he's already written about Russia, President Donald Trump and obstruction of justice when he testifies on Wednesday, but there's a lot at stake in how much -- or how little -- he brings to life the dry specifics of his 448-page report.
Puerto Ricans worry about future if embattled governor staysThe political crisis in Puerto Rico has escalated to a point where many question how Gov. Ricardo Rosselló will be able to govern the U.S. territory in upcoming days and possibly weeks despite massive protests to oust him
Trump says China is paying his tariffs, but U.S. companies keep getting the billLeading business organizations that support Trump's goals say tariffs are a costly and disruptive tool that should be shelved.
Two police officers fired for Facebook post that suggested Ocasio-Cortez should be shotTwo Louisiana police officers were fired Monday for a Facebook post that suggested Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., should be shot.
Boris Johnson, Britain's incoming prime minister, in his own colorful wordsBoris Johnson, Britain's incoming prime minister, had once said his chances of becoming the country's leader were "about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive."
Daimler welcomes investment by Chinese partner BAICAutomaker Daimler says its Chinese partner BAIC Group has taken a 5% equity stake, a move Daimler said reinforces the cooperation between the two companies
Channel Tunnel operator: 'no-deal' Brexit now main scenarioThe operator of the Channel Tunnel between Britain and France is warning that Britain's departure from the European Union without a deal is "very likely" and is its main scenario as it forecasts earnings
Panel of national leaders aims for bipartisan justice reformA new criminal justice reform group that is formally launching on Tuesday brings together Democratic and Republican governors, a Black Lives Matter organizer and a Koch Industries vice president in an unlikely collaboration
Indiana man dies after overcome by waves in Lake MichiganIndiana conservation officers say a man pulled from Lake Michigan has died
1-year-old dies after being found in northern Indiana lakeAuthorities say a 1-year-old child has died after being found unresponsive in a lake in northern Indiana
- 9:59 AMUS attorney general says encryption creates security risk
- 9:57 AMAustria: McDonald's to paste over slogan in Italy flap
- 9:56 AMIMF sees a weaker global economy but upgrades US forecast
- 9:54 AMS. Korea's claim on warning shot firings disputed by Russia
- 9:53 AMLi Peng, Chinese premier during Tiananmen crackdown, dies
- 9:43 AMPope gives West Virginia diocese new leader after scandal
- 9:42 AMBiden criminal justice plan reverses part of 1994 crime bill
More Suburban News
- GenevaFunding lined up for long-awaited East State widening in Geneva
- ElginElgin police chief: Many changes this year, more in progress after shooting
- BloomingdaleAuthorities investigating crash in Bloomingdale that leaves at least one injured
- ElginPolice: 2 Streamwood men arrested in Elgin after fleeing traffic stop
- WaukeganRinehart seeks Democratic nomination for Lake County state's attorney
- EducationA year into job, District 21 superintendent gets contract extension
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect welcomes new library director
- Hoffman EstatesHow Harper's HOPE Giving Circle supports young women leaders
- Hanover ParkPolice searching for missing Hanover Park woman
- LibertyvilleLake County zoning panel considers updated rules for solar energy
- NewsInaugural Woodridge Restaurant Week launching in August
- GrayslakeAlternative church camp continues after being ravaged by Wisconsin storms
- Hoffman EstatesMultithemed escape-room business to open in Hoffman Estates
- MundeleinMundelein scaling back plans for pedestrian overpass at Metra station
- Wood DaleCarnival, cars and more at Wood Dale Prairie Fest