Obama heads to Ga. as Warnock seeks big early vote advantage
Georgia voters have cast more than 1 million ballots ahead of the Dec. 6 U.S. Senate runoff between Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock and Republican challenger Herschel Walker, with Warnock looking to juice an apparent Democratic head start in early voting with a visit Thursday from Barack Obama.
China eases virus controls amid effort to head off protestsMore Chinese cities eased anti-virus restrictions and police patrolled their streets Thursday as the government tried to defuse public anger over some of the world's most stringent COVID measures and head off more protests.
Prayers? Bombs? Hawaii history shows stopping lava not easyNow Mauna Loa -- the world's largest active volcano -- is erupting again, and lava is slowly approaching a major thoroughfare connecting the Big Island's east and west sides. And once more, people are asking if anything can be done to stop or divert the flow.
College Football Playoff expands to 12 teams in 2024 seasonThe College Football Playoff announced Thursday it will expand to a 12-team event starting in 2024, completing an 18-month process that was fraught with delays and disagreements.
'Do something:' Ukraine works to heal soldiers' mental scarsPsychologists, veterans affairs officers and former combatants who have struggled with nightmares, distressing flashbacks and other PTSD symptoms are already working to head off a potential mental health crisis among soldiers and their families from the particularly gruesome, intense and grinding war.
Racism row erupts as William and Kate visit BostonPrince William's office said "racism has no place in our society" as he sought to prevent the backlash over his godmother's treatment of a Black advocate for survivors of domestic abuse from overshadowing his trip to the United States.
Hakeem Jeffries elected to lead House Dems' next generationEmboldened House Democrats ushered in a new generation of leaders on Wednesday with Rep. Hakeem Jeffries elected to be the first Black American to head a major political party in Congress as long-serving Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her team step aside next year.
Harry and Meghan doc footage puts royal rift at forefrontFootage of an upcoming documentary about Harry and Meghan released Thursday shows the couple is once again prepared to tackle the topic of their rift with the royal family head on and in their own words.
Gaylord Perry, two-time Cy Young winner, dies at 84Baseball Hall of Famer and two-time Cy Young Award winner Gaylord Perry, a master of the spitball who wrote a book about using pitch, died Thursday. He was 84.
Tornadoes wrecking homes around South fueled by record highsTornadoes damaged numerous homes, destroyed a fire station, briefly trapped people in a grocery store and ripped the roof off an apartment complex in Mississippi, while two people died as a tree crunched their mobile home in Alabama, authorities said Wednesday.
Christine McVie, Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter, dies at 79Christine McVie, the British-born Fleetwood Mac vocalist, songwriter and keyboard player whose cool, soulful contralto helped define such classics as "You Make Loving Fun," "Everywhere" and "Don't Stop," died Wednesday at age 79.
Penalty asked for doctor who spoke of 10-year-old's abortionIndiana's Republican attorney general on Wednesday asked the state medical licensing board to discipline an Indianapolis doctor who has spoken publicly about providing an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim who traveled from Ohio after its more-restrictive abortion law took effect.
- 1:57 PMThousands of pilgrims to gather in Des Plaines for Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration
- 1:07 PMGood news may not sell, but we can't do without it
- 1:06 PMKeep the statute of limitations -- for women's sake
- 12:16 PMTree lighting, Santa parade in Lindenhurst
- 11:21 AMState wants to revoke licenses of Batavia, St. Charles businesses selling puppies
- 11:07 AMProlific supporting actor Clarence Gilyard Jr. dies at 66
- 10:59 AMProsecutor: Driver was going 124 mph seconds before fatal I-90 crash
More Suburban News
- Special ReportCiting need for experience, two Arlington Heights trustees to seek reelection
- CarpentersvilleTeacher charged with sexually abusing kids at Elgin child care center
- GenevaPlan revived to demolish 1843 blacksmith shop in Geneva
- TransportationWoman struck and killed by Metra train in Arlington Heights
- Round Lake BeachGas meter fire leaves Round Lake Beach home uninhabitable
- LombardLet there be light: Lombard's Lilacia Park kindles festive mood
- LindenhurstTree lighting, Santa parade in Lindenhurst
- BarringtonNew path linking downtown Barrington with high school nearly complete
- Lake CountyLong-awaited merger of two Lake County offices happens Thursday
- Prep WrestlingWrestling season preview: Scouting Fox and DuPage teams
- ElginNothing But Treble choral ensemble hosts Dec. 3 concert in Elgin
- NapervilleYoung Naperville Singers presenting 'Frost and Fire' winter concert
- Prep WrestlingWrestling season preview: Scouting Cook and Lake County teams
- Boys' BasketballBarrington, Hoffman Estates enjoy perfect Thanksgiving tournaments
- Girls' BasketballJankowski starts season fire for Grayslake North