Fireworks are back! Here's where you can see them
Here's a look at this weekend's fireworks displays. Note: Details could change, so it's best to check before you go.
• July 4 at Gallery Park, 2001 Patriot Blvd. The show will be synchronized to music, with a DJ and games leading up to fireworks. Check website for updates. glenviewparks.org.
• July 4 at Meadowhill Park, 1479 Maple Ave.; and Techny Prairie Park and Fields, 1750 Techny Road. northbrook4thofJuly.com.
Friday through Sunday
• Des Plaines: At 9:30 p.m. at Oakton Community College, enter off of Golf Road. Gates open at 7. desplaines.org.
• Rosemont: Following 7 to 10 p.m. concert at Parkway Bank Park, 5501 Park Place. Super Diamond performs. rosemont.com/rockin-in-the-park-is-back-this-summer/.
• Rosemont: Following Chicago Dogs games at Impact Field, 9850 Balmoral Ave. Ticket prices vary by day and seating. www.chicagodogs.com.
• Schaumburg: Following Boomers games at Wintrust Field, 1999 S. Springinsguth Road. July 4 features an extended display. Tickets are $11-$14. www.boomersbaseball.com.
• Arlington Heights: Arlington Park, 2200 W. Euclid Ave., will host a Fireworks Night from 2:25 to 9 p.m. Tickets start at $37; some seating options are sold out. www.arlingtonpark.com/events/fireworks-night.
• Hawthorn Woods: At 9:15 p.m. at Community Park, 5 Park View Lane. Parking is limited, and will be available between 4 and 6 p.m. Reserved Premium Parking is available for Hawthorn Woods residents for $20 per vehicle; to register, visit apm.activecommunities.com/vhw/Home. All attendees must follow COVID-19 precautions. www.vhw.org/4thofJuly.
• Wilmette: 9:30 p.m. at Gillson Park, Lake and Michigan avenues. Visit wilmettepark.org.
Saturday and Sunday
Gurnee: At 9:45 p.m. at Six Flags Great America, 1 Great America Parkway. See website for admission prices. sixflags.com/greatamerica.
• Buffalo Grove: At dusk; best viewing locations include Willow Stream Park, 651 Old Checker Road. www.vbg.org.
• Elk Grove Village: At dusk at Rotary Green, 164 Lions Drive, next to Elk Grove High School. Part of the Lions Club Fourth of July festival, which includes a Daughtry concert at 8 p.m. elkgrove.org.
• Libertyville: At dusk at Butler Lake Park, 835 W. Winchester Road. www.libertyville.com.
• Lincolnshire: At 9:30 p.m. Part of the Red White, and BOOM! event, which is expected to include other events throughout the day. Fireworks will be fired at a high altitude to allow viewing from further away than usual and prevent crowding, from the golf course of the Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, 10 Marriott Drive. www.lincolnshireil.gov.
• Mount Prospect: At 9:30 p.m. at Melas Park on Central Road. Part of the Mount Prospect Lions Club Annual 4th of July Festival. mplions.org.
• Rolling Meadows: At 9:15 p.m. behind the Community Center at 3705 Pheasant Drive. A larger-than-usual display is planned for this year. www.cityrm.org.
• Vernon Hills: At 9:30 p.m. from an island in Big Bear Lake at Century Park, Lakeview Parkway, south of Route 60. www.vernonhills.org/100/July-4th.