Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• William L. Brice, 64, of the 200 block of North Smith Street, Palatine, was arrested around 11:59 p.m. Oct. 17 at his home and charged with harassment by telephone for an incident around 1:30 p.m. Oct. 8. Court date is Nov. 7.
• Thieves damaged three soda vending machines and stole the cash inside between Oct. 6 and 13 at the Holiday Inn, 2111 S. Arlington Heights Road. Damage was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole an unlocked 2013 Volkswagen Toureg between 6 p.m. Oct. 12 and 9 a.m. Oct. 13 from the 900 block of West Golf Road. A backpack containing the vehicle's keys, cash, a laptop computer and passport were in the car. The vehicle was recovered later.
• Vandals damaged the windshield on a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban between 8:50 and 9 p.m. at Dryden and Kensington.
• Offenders opened a package and stole the items between 12 p.m. Oct. 7 and 12 p.m. Oct. 9 delivered to a home on the 200 block of North Dunton.
• Offenders removed a lock between 1:10 and 1:39 p.m. Oct. 15 from a locker at LA Fitness, 345 E. Palatine Road. Nothing in the locker appeared to be missing.
• Thieves stole a 3-foot-by-5-foot white Chicago Cubs flag with a blue W between 12:01 and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 15 from the front porch at a home on the 2100 block of East Kensington. Value was estimated at $35.
• Offenders stole a Chicago Cubs flag valued at $50, smashed a pumpkin and left a shopping cart in the yard between 3:45 and 7:45 a.m. Oct. 14 at a home on the 1100 block of East Mayfair.