Neighbors in the news: A. Traub & Associates welcomes new family law attorney
• A. Traub & Associates welcomed family law attorney Kasia Malkinska Naugle as a partner at the Northern Illinois legal practice. Naugle brings 10 years of experience to the firm along with a diligent work ethic, impressive negotiating skills and bilingual capabilities.
She joins the firm's family law team, and will represent clients in cases involving divorce, asset distribution, post-dissolution matters, child support, paternity, parenting time and orders of protection.
Naugle, who was admitted to the Illinois State Bar in 2009, spent five years gaining valuable experience working with the State's Attorney's Office. She was recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers on numerous occasions.
A. Traub & Associates was founded in 2001. The firm has locations in Arlington Heights and Lombard.
• Realtor Bill Gonzalez of Mount Prospect has joined the team at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Starck Real Estate in Mount Prospect.
"We are proud to welcome Bill to our team," said Aaron Starck, president and CEO of Starck Real Estate. "Bill brings with him his vast experience and knowledge of the Northwest suburban market. He will definitely be a team multiplier with his financial experience."
Gonzalez, who has been a Chicago area Realtor since 1999, has an extensive background in income property analysis, short sales, foreclosures and negotiations. He holds a Certified Investment Agent Specialist certification and a certificate as a Certified Negotiations Expert.
A fluent Spanish speaker, Gonzalez offers a broad set of unique skills that allow him to communicate with many different clients. He loves helping first-time buyers.
• Maine South's 2021 edition of the Eyrie yearbook, titled "En Route," recently earned top honors from three organizations that evaluate student publications.
The 57th volume of the Eyrie earned the prestigious Golden Eagle award from the Northern Illinois Scholastic Press Association, the first time the school has earned this award for the yearbook.
The yearbook also took home first place from the National Scholastic Press Association, as well as a gold medal from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association.
The co-editors of the 2021 edition were Juliana Parisi and Molly Shanahan. The faculty advisor was Richard Jones and the faculty assistant advisor was Jim McGowan.
• CPA Randy Crabtree of Arlington Heights, co-founder of Schaumburg-based Tri-Merit, a national provider of specialty tax services, has accepted an invitation to join the Intuit Tax Council. The advisory group is charged with helping lead and institute change in the professional tax community and shape Intuit's business strategy.
Crabtree will serve a 3-year term on the Tax Council. He brings three decades of experience in public accounting and tax consulting to this new role.
In addition to his position at Tri-Merit, Crabtree hosts one of the most downloaded podcasts in the country, The Unique CPA. He is a regular presenter at conferences and events within the accounting industry, as well as other professional groups.
• Jeremy Frank, 21, founder of Random Stats, recently sold the rights to his Wardel game, now called MLB Pickle, to MLB Play.
He is the co-author of "Hidden Ball Trick," Volumes 1 and 2, and plans to graduate in December from Purdue University with a degree in data science. This summer he has an internship in Houston, Texas, with the Houston Astros.
Jeremy is the son of Melissa and Nolan Frank of Buffalo Grove and grandson of Gail and Howard Frank of Lakewood.
• Submit 'Neighbors in the News' items to email@example.com.