Sears estate sues Lampert, saying he stripped retailer's assets
The bankrupt estate of Sears Holdings Corp. sued Eddie Lampert and his hedge fund ESL Investments Inc., claiming they wrongly transferred $2 billion of company assets beyond the reach of creditors in the years leading up to the retailer's bankruptcy.
New warehouse planned along Devon Avenue corridor in Elk GroveA 146,000-square-foot light industrial warehouse is planned on a portion of an existing strip mall property in Elk Grove Village -- a further sign of continued development along the Devon Avenue corridor.
'This is an all-Bloomingdale issue': Hearing on Indian Lakes draws hundreds of peopleA developer looking to build houses on a shuttered golf course in Bloomingdale wants to have a community conversation about the proposal. Judging from the large crowd that attended the opening of a public hearing on Tuesday night, that discussion is going to take a while.
'Rundown' Prospect Heights hotel to reopen as Holiday InnProspect Heights Mayor Nick Helmer is upbeat about a Milwaukee Avenue hotel under extensive renovation before reopening with a new brand name.
Mariano's gas station plan stalled in Lake Zurich pending further testsThe question of whether adding a gas station to the Mariano's grocery store on Route 22 in Lake Zurich would endanger the local water supply led the village board to delay a vote and ask for more expert advice.
Plan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one to go before village boardA plan to knock down the McDonald's on the southwest corner of Rand and Ela roads and replace it with a new McDonald's will be before the Lake Zurich village board next week.
Polish restaurant in Schaumburg opens under new name OpolskaPolish restaurant Opolska recently opened in the Weatherway Plaza Shopping Center on Roselle Road in Schaumburg, only sporting a different name than when village officials approved it 11 months ago.
Congregation proposes synagogue, recovery home at former Forge Club in Vernon HillsA synagogue's ambitious plan for the former Forge Club in Vernon Hills includes a substance abuse recovery home and kosher commercial kitchen.
Applications for jobless aid fall to lowest in 50 yearsThe number of people applying for unemployment aid fell last week to its lowest level in nearly five decades, solid evidence that the job market is healthy and layoffs scarce.
Minta Restaurant succeeds E + O in Mount ProspectFollowing a soft opening last Saturday, Minta Restaurant and Social Lounge will hold its grand opening at 4 p.m. Friday, on the former site of E + O Food and Drink in Randhurst Village in Mount Prospect.
Abbott CEO: We have cash for acquisitions, but see nothing attractiveAbbott Laboratories is back in the driver's seat when it comes to acquisitions, Chief Executive Officer Miles White said. Problem is, nothing looks good.
Everything you need to know about Blackhawk BankBlackhawk Bank operates eight full-service banking centers and a dedicated commercial office, which are located in south central Wisconsin and north central Illinois from Elgin, Illinois, to Janesville, Wisconsin.
The stories of the Home Equity Conversion MortgageThere are too many myths and sensational stories and a lot of misunderstandings about what a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage. is, how it works and what it can do to improve most anybody's retirement. Here are some success stories.
Your groceries … delivered your way by Jewel-OscoJewel-Osco offers shoppers an easy way to get their groceries through online shopping for delivery to your home or pickup at the store.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Hoffman EstatesSears estate sues Lampert, saying he stripped retailer's assets
- Elk Grove VillageNew warehouse planned along Devon Avenue corridor in Elk Grove
- Bloomingdale'This is an all-Bloomingdale issue': Hearing on Indian Lakes draws hundreds of people
- Prospect Heights'Rundown' Prospect Heights hotel to reopen as Holiday Inn
- ElginFormer Sherman Hospital campus up for auction in Elgin
- Lake ZurichMariano's gas station plan stalled in Lake Zurich pending further tests
- Lake ZurichPlan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one to go before village board
- SchaumburgPolish restaurant in Schaumburg opens under new name Opolska
- Buffalo GroveCongregation proposes synagogue, recovery home at former Forge Club in Vernon Hills
- Mount ProspectMinta Restaurant succeeds E + O in Mount Prospect
- BusinessAbbott CEO: We have cash for acquisitions, but see nothing attractive
- Vernon HillsTales of retail demise are exaggerated, and that's good for Vernon Hills, consultant says
- AuroraAurora resale shop grows as people declutter lives
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect adding commuter parking near Maple Street Lofts
- RosemontLaSalle Solutions renews Cisco specializations