Elgin popcorn shop Mama Lee's honored by city council
Mama Lee's Gourmet Popcorn, based in Elgin and with two more locations in West Dundee and Chicago, was recognized by the Elgin City Council this week.
St. Charles likely to offer incentives for new sports barSt. Charles is expected to offer financial assistance to help transform a vacant downtown property into an upscale sports bar.
AP analysis: Hundreds of companies excused from steel tariffDespite Trump's tough talk on trade, his Commerce Department has approved tariff exemption requests from 370 companies for up to 4.1 million tons of foreign steel
Deere, hit on both sides of trade war, posts weak 1Q earnsDeere takes a 1Q trade-war hit, but is optimistic about 2019
House approves $15 minimum wage by 2025, and Pritzker's expected to make it officialIllinois legislators moved quickly Thursday to deliver one of new Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker's top campaign promises, a gradual hike in the statewide minimum wage from $8.25 to $15 an hour -- more than double the pay floor that most of its Midwestern neighbors require.
Grayslake small business group growing, hosting a wine walkThe growing Downtown Grayslake Small Business Group is hosting a Shop 'n' Swirl Wine Walk in March to draw visitors and raise money.
Markets Right Now: Stocks surge, boosted by trade talksStocks surged on Wall Street after Chinese and U.S. officials agreed to continue trade talks in Washington next week.
Sugar Grove mom invents Fizzy Magic -- a bath bomb for kids with a toy surprise insideA question from her 6-year-old son sparked Mary Westerhaus of Sugar Grove to invent Fizzy Magic, a bath bomb for children that contains a small toy.
"Explore Elgin" earns state tourism awardThe Elgin Area Convention and Visitors Bureau won an Illinois "excellence in tourism" award for its "Explore Elgin" branding campaign.
NDS relocates corporate headquartersNetwork Data Systems recently relocated its corporate headquarters to 300 N. Martingale Road in Schaumburg.
Tenneco spinoff company to be called DRiVTenneco announced its spinoff aftermarket and ride performance company will be called DRiV Incorporated.
Rolling Meadows increases tobacco purchase age to 21Rolling Meadows joined a growing list of Northwest suburbs this week in hiking the tobacco purchase age to 21.
Your cybersecurity plan is only as strong as your weakest linkAccording to the American Bankers Association, banks stopped nearly $17 billion in attempted deposit account fraud in 2016. And -- unfortunately -- small, family-owned and privately held businesses like this accounting firm are often the target of these scams.
Why do business owners need a transition plan?Why do business owners need a transition plan? There are six core reasons.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- ElginElgin popcorn shop Mama Lee's honored by city council
- St. CharlesSt. Charles likely to offer incentives for new sports bar
- GrayslakeGrayslake small business group growing, hosting a wine walk
- BataviaSugar Grove mom invents Fizzy Magic -- a bath bomb for kids with a toy surprise inside
- Elgin"Explore Elgin" earns state tourism award
- SchaumburgNDS relocates corporate headquarters
- Lake ForestTenneco spinoff company to be called DRiV
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows increases tobacco purchase age to 21
- WinfieldHospital aims to diagnose 'broken hearts' in unborn babies
- SchaumburgKnight and day: Couples renew vows on Valentine's at Medieval Times
- NapervilleShould DuPage Children's Museum move? Naperville mayoral candidates weigh in
- NapervilleExtended Care acquires two facilites
- Wood DaleHow should Wood Dale develop along Irving Park Road, O'Hare? Mayor candidates disagree
- BataviaNewly finished 'Fox Valley Suite' to make its debut at Geneva Middle School South
- Glen EllynRaising Cane's is bringing its specialty chicken fingers to Glen Ellyn