Elk Grove Village Public Library reopens to the public
Ready to get back to browsing for books, movies and more at the library? The Elk Grove Village Library is once again open to the public, with several safety measures in place.
Patrons may visit the library during its regular hours: Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
For those who prefer contact-free service, curbside pickup is available during these hours: Monday-Friday noon to 6 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
To ensure the safety of patrons and staff in the building, the following safety guidelines are in effect:
• Everybody must wear a mask, practice social distancing, and follow directional signage while in the building.
• A limit of 75 visitors will be allowed inside the library at any given time. There is no time limit for how long patrons can stay in the building. Patrons may visit the library's website, www.egvpl.org, to check current occupancy numbers.
• Indoor and outdoor book drops are open to accept returns. Staff will be unable to take items directly from patrons.
• All returned material will be quarantined for 3 days.
• If you are not feeling well, please stay home and utilize our virtual services.
Some services, such as indoor seating, are unavailable at this time. The library will continue to monitor the situation in Illinois and will expand services as possible. Here is a listing of which services are available and which are not.
• Browsing and checking out library materials
• Downloading and streaming digital content
• Getting help from our friendly and knowledgeable staff
• Curbside Pickup
• Copying, faxing, scanning, and printing
• Sending print jobs to the library from home
• Library card registration and renewal
• For a listing of upcoming virtual programs, visit the library's Events Calendar at www.egvpl.org
• Recordings of many previous programs are available on the library's YouTube page
• Book donations
• Study rooms, Media Room, Quiet Study Room, and Meeting Rooms
• VHS-to-DVD conversion machine
For more information, please call the library at (847) 439-0447.