• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars broke into a car around 7:30 p.m. May 23 on the 1600 block of Route 59 and stole a purse. Loss was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole a scooter from the 100 block of West North Avenue around 6 a.m. May 20. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole 15 feet of copper piping out of a vacant home on the 400 block of Nicole Drive May 21. Value was estimated at $1,000.
Elk Grove Village
• William J. Stanton, 22, of the 1400 block of Volkamer Trail, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 3:25 a.m. May 11 on the 1400 block of Kathleen Way and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is June 10.
• Jonathan Morales, 20, of the 9700 block of Pacific Avenue, Franklin Park, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. May 12 at Biesterfield Road and White Trail and charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance. His court date is May 31.
• Mario L. Reyes, 25, of the 3200 block of West Arthington, Chicago, and Najeeb Z. Ahmad, 26, of the 8800 block of North Grant, Niles, were arrested around 3:15 a.m. May 17 on the 1600 block of Oakton Street and charged with disorderly conduct. Their court date is June 27.
• Joshua C. Truesdale, 28, of the 1900 block of Patriot Boulevard, Glenview, was arrested around 4:15 a.m. May 14 on the 250 block of Touhy Avenue and charged with DUI and possession of alcohol and drug paraphernalia. His court date is June 19.
• Matthew T. Pedrosa, 26, of the 2900 block of North Harding, Chicago, was arrested around 10:30 a.m. May 8 at his home and charged with theft. His court date is May 31.
• Burglars cut the convertible top on a 2001 BMW Z3 and stole a pair of sunglasses between 7 p.m. May 15 and 7:15 a.m. May 16 in a parking lot at 630 Perrie. Loss was estimated at $1,150.
• Burglars stole a GPS and cable out of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze between 4 p.m. May 10 and 1:30 p.m. May 11 in a service lot at Hoskins Chevrolet, 175 N. Arlington Heights Road. Value was estimated at $250.
• Carlos Rueda, 43, of the 7300 block of Briarwood, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:40 p.m. May 21 at his home and charged with aggravated assault/battery.
• Marcin Kopiczko, 25, of the 100 block of Azalea Drive, Streamwood, was arrested around 5:40 p.m. May 21 on a Cook County parole violation/unlawful contact with street gang member.
• Mario A. Huerta, 18, of the 500 block of Onyx, Schaumburg, and Oscar I. Salas, 19, of the 0-100 block of Boxwood, Streamwood, were arrested around 5:10 p.m. May 20 on the 8100 block of Brockton and charged with aggravated assault.
• Glenn Stevens, 20, of the 1400 block of Indian Hill, Hanover Park, and Sal A. Scardina, 19, of the 2100 block of Romm Court, Schaumburg, were arrested around 11:30 p.m. May 22 at Steven's home. Stevens was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor; Scardina was charged with unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Andrew M. Guerrero, 18, of the 1100 block of Court G, Hanover Park, was arrested around 5:50 p.m. May 22 at his home and charged with criminal sexual abuse.
• Brian Rosas, 18, of the 5500 block of Ridge Crossing, Hanover Park, and Mark Picazo, 19, of the 400 block of Woodhollow, Bartlett, were arrested around 9:50 p.m. May 22 at County Farm and Greenbrook. Rosas was charged with DUI drugs; Picazo was charged with unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.
• Robert Juberg, 57, of the 0-100 block of Harrison, Streamwood, was arrested around 12:15 p.m. May 22 on the 7400 block of Astor and charged with criminal trespass to land.
• John Lee W. Wolfe, 18, of the 1800 block of Marigold, Hanover Park, was arrested around 1:25 p.m. May 18 at Highland and Spruce and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Jose M. Renteria, 24, of the 600 block of Littleton, Elgin, was arrested around 11:40 p.m. May 18 on the 2100 block of Maple and charged with battery.
• Burglars stole tools out of a vehicle May 18-20 on the 7600 block of Windsor.
• Thieves stole the rear passenger's-side tire between 9:30 p.m. May 15 and 6 a.m. May 16 from a 2007 Nissan Sentra in a business lot at 940 Atlantic Ave. and replaced it with a flat tire. Value was estimated at $350.
• A burglar entered through an open rear door at Styx and Stonz, 1758 W. Algonquin Road, between 1 and 4 p.m. May 18 and stole money out of two purses and a desk in the rear office. Value was estimated at $119.
• Burglars stole a video game console valued at $200 and a diagnostic reader between 5 p.m. May 15 and 5 a.m. May 16 out of an unlocked 2003 Dodge truck in a driveway on the 1100 block of Apricot Street.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and two chargers overnight May 18-19 out of an unlocked 2007 Cadillac CTS in a driveway on the 1000 block of Harmon Boulevard. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a customer's wallet from a table at McDonald's, 1576 N. Rand Road, between 9:15 and 9:30 a.m. May 19. Value was estimated at $425.
• Thieves stole a wallet between 10:15 and 10:25 a.m. May 15 from a customer at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road. Contents included five Six Flags Great America season passes, cash, social security card, bank cards, gift cards and IDs. Value was estimated at $635.
• Burglars stole a men's gold mountain bike and a men's blue mountain bike between May 15 and 19 out of a locked storage locker in an apartment building on the 1400 block of North Winslowe Drive.
• Thieves stole a men's green bicycle valued at $317 out of an open garage on the 1500 block of North St. Mark's Place between March 29 and May 14.
• Burglars stole $20 in change, four watches and several pieces of jewelry out of an unlocked and unoccupied home on the 1100 block of West Illinois Avenue between 6:30 and 7:45 p.m. May 14.
• Jose J. Calderon-Perez, 27, of the 2200 block of Pennview Lane, Schaumburg, was arrested around 8 p.m. May 9 at his home and charged with battery. Police said he hit a man in the face during an argument. He also was arrested on charges of three outstanding warrants from Carpentersville, South Barrington, and DuPage County. A court date is June 7.
• Elizabeth Z. Gussis, 53, of the 0-100 block of Bay Reef Drive, Barrington, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. May 10 at Saks Fifth Avenue, 1430 E. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft and criminal damage to property. Police said she stole shoes and a shirt. Her court date is June 7.
• Athanasios Ilias Bolovis, 36, of the 1600 block of Braintree Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. May 8 at Whole Foods, 750 N. Martingale Road, and charged with retail theft after he was accused of taking various food items.
• Marcus D. Mallett, 22, and Lanord S. Mallett, 19, both of the 200 block of East St. Charles Road, Carol Stream, were arrested around 8:30 p.m. May 16 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, after police said they took two electronic items valued at $249, left the store without paying and tossed the items under vehicles in the Sams Club parking lot, 900 S. Barrington Road. Marcus was charged with felony retail theft; Lanord was charged with misdemeanor retail theft because he did not have a previous conviction for theft and the total amount stolen is less than $300. A court date is June 11.
• Laura J. Blomquist, 48, of the 700 block of Lincolnwood, Streamwood, was arrested around 10:20 p.m. May 13 on the 0-100 block of Shagbark and charged with illegal possession of drug paraphernalia. Her court date is June 17.
• Vandals used paint markers to write vulgar graffiti on almost all exterior windows and doors, on the wall of a refrigeration unit, and on a portable toilet at Sunnydale School, 716 Sunnydale Blvd., between 11 p.m. May 16 and 5:50 a.m. May 17. Vandals also wrote graffiti on the back of a white work van a couple of houses south of the school.
• Burglars climbed through an unlocked bedroom window between 9 p.m. May 17 and 7 a.m. May 18 and stole a flat screen TV, a picture frame valued at $200, and a men's wallet out of the apartment. The male and female residents were sleeping on a couch in the living room at the time of the burglary.
• Three men stole a woman's wallet out of a 2011 Toyota Prius around 11 p.m. May 18 at a home on the 100 block of Cedar Circle. A neighbor saw the three offenders open the car door and, when the neighbor went outside, they fled westbound.
• Thieves stole an unlocked silver GT bicycle out of the backyard at a home on the 1200 block of Lincoln Court between 10 p.m. May 18 and 10 a.m. May 19.