Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Wauconda
Endorsements: Yes to expand Wauconda community center Oct 17, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald endorses the Wauconda Park District’s call for a $4.75 million expansion of the community center.
Images: Photo Contest Finalists Oct 17, 2014 1:01 AM
Each week, you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of October 13.
CLC volunteers to participate in Make A Difference Day Oct 17, 2014 12:39 PM
About 200 volunteers from the College of Lake County, along with volunteers from United Way of Lake County, will join millions of volunteers nationwide for service projects on Saturday, Oct. 25, Make A Difference Day, “The National Day of Doing Good.”
GOP puts big money into 5 suburban races Oct 17, 2014 11:00 AM
The election is 20 days away, and voters can start voting early in person next week, so the tallies of campaign spending released this week can give clues to where in the suburbs the toughest battles for seats in Springfield are being waged. Here are five races in the suburbs with some of the biggest fundraising.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
Free Health Screenings and Family Activities at Wellness Night in Highland Park Oct 16, 2014 3:58 PM
Free health screenings and family fun fitness activities are planned Friday, November 7, for adults and children during the Family Fun and Wellness Night in Highland Park.
Frightfully Fabulous FREE FUN at BOO BASH-October 25 Oct 16, 2014 3:58 PM
Go "batty" with all the FREE fun at Mundelein Park District’s (www.mundeleinparks.org) annual BOO BASH event. Back again at its expanded location on Midlothian Road, the BOO BASH returns with spook-tacular extras like tractor-pulled wagon rides courtesy of the Lake County Farm Heritage Association, a haunted hut, “find-and-seek” prizes in the straw pile, music, games, visits by familiar characters, and more.
CLC, UW-Parkside team up to expand transfer options Oct 16, 2014 12:08 PM
The College of Lake County and the University of Wisconsin-Parkside approved an agreement on Sept. 25 expanding educational options for students in the college’s business career programs.
Endorsement: Wheeler in House 64 Oct 16, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald recommends Barbara Wheeler in Illinois House District 64.
Forgotten Chicagoans rediscovered; 8,000 names identified in Chicago cemetery records Oct 15, 2014 6:22 PM
The names of more than 8,000 people who may have died penniless or without family in the long forgotten Cook County Cemetery have been rediscovered and are now available free to the public. The Cook County Cemetery was located at what is now the intersection of Irving Park Road and Narragansett Avenue on Chicago’s Northwest Side between 1861-1922.
“Run, Walk & Roll” Oct. 26 to benefit Marklund Oct 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Get ready to "Run, Walk & Roll" for Marklund! Registration is still being accepted for Marklund’s second annual 5K/1 mile event which is set for Sunday, Oct. 26 in Geneva. “Last year, nearly 600 people participated in our inaugural event and helped us net $30,000 for programs and services for our clients so we're looking forward to growing that number this year!,” said Stephanie Heinz, Development Coordinator at Marklund.
Modern Day “Amelia Earhart” to Visit PM Prime in Highwood Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM
PM Prime in Highwood will be open this Sunday, October 12 to accommodate special guest Amelia Earhart, who recently completed an around-the-world flight in honor of her namesake’s 1937 attempt. Amelia Rose Earhart is the youngest female to circumnavigate the globe in a single-engine airplane, completing her mission on July 11, 2014. Dinner reservations at the aviation themed steakhouse will be accepted between 5 and 7 p.m. on that evening. Diners will have an opportunity to meet the inspiring aviatrix. Guests will be accommodated by reservation only. Seating is very limited. Steve Platcow of Lake Forest opened the PM Prime in July of this year. Executive Chef Dominic Zumpano has been dazzling area restaurant critics with his innovative interpretations on classic steakhouse fare. Robert B. Bansberg, award-winning sommelier and wine educator, shares his wealth of knowledge and expertise as the restaurant’s General Manager/Sommelier. PM Prime’s dining room boasts an unprecedented collection of 200 black and white photographs that celebrate excellence in aviation. The restaurant presents a rare opportunity to see a truly amazing collection of vintage images that honor the pioneers of flight - all under one roof. From the Wright Brothers, to Amelia Earhart, the Tuskegee Airmen and Jimmy Doolittle - the collection showcases the fearless and the brave. The heroes represented in the photographs pushed the boundaries of what was possible and demonstrated the power of the human spirit. These stunning historic images motivate the team at PM Prime to strive for excellence and the ultimate goal is encourage the patrons to pursue excellence in their lives as well. This engaging display will leave guests feeling nothing less than inspired. PM Prime’s menu includes popular steakhouse favorites such as the filet mignon and New York strip, but it also has some more unusual cuts such as the wagyu hanger steak. PM Prime features the highest quality cuts of prime beef available. Diners will find interesting selections such as osso buco with saffron risotto or Halibut with spaetzle and roasted beets. PM Prime is located at 310 Green Bay Road, Highwood. Call 847-433-0600 or visit www.pmprimesteak.com for more information.
Illinois Tollway’s expanded Construction Business Development Center to include CLC center Oct 13, 2014 3:57 PM
The Workforce and Professional Development Institute of the College of Lake County was recently named the fourth location in Northern Illinois to provide services to small businesses in the construction industry, including minority- and women-owned firms bidding on Illinois Tollway projects.
Jasmine Guy to star in ‘Raisin’ Cane’ at CLC Oct 13, 2014 4:23 PM
“Raisin’ Cane: A Harlem Renaissance Odyssey,” starring Jasmine Guy and the Avery Sharpe Trio, will be performed at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 18 at the College of Lake County.
York Theatre Presents FREE Screening of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” Oct 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Come dressed in your Halloween costume for a FREE showing of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” at the York Theatre. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 9:30 AM at the York Theatre, located at 150 North York Street in downtown Elmhurst. The 24th annual event is sponsored by the Elmhurst City Centre’s BOOtiful Saturday. After the film, children are encouraged to enjoy trick-or-treating at participating stores from 11 AM to 1 PM. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (PG/92 min) is a comedy, science fiction film featuring the characters from the 1960s animated television series “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” who must fix a time rift they created. Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine—the WABAC—to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Paramount Theatre to Present “A Hard Day’s Night” October 15 Oct 13, 2014 4:56 PM
A special showing of a “A Hard Day’s Night” will be presented at the Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue, Kankakee, on Wednesday, October 15 at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 per person and available at the Paramount Theatre box office or online www.classiccinemas.com. The event is sponsored by WVLI 92.7, WFAV 95.1, WIVR 101.7 and WYUR 103.7. WVLI morning personality Bob Malkowski will emcee the event. A digitally restored version of the classic Beatles comedy musical was released this year to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. “A Hard Day’s Night” (G/87 min.) portrays a couple of days in the lives of the band. The film is considered to be one of the best and most influential musical films of all time. Richard Lester’s boldly contemporary rock n’ roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
Tivoli Theatre Presents FREE Showing of “Casper” October 25 Oct 13, 2014 4:57 PM
The Tivoli Theatre will celebrate Halloween with a FREE showing of “Casper” as part of Baird and Warner’s 22nd Annual Halloween Happening. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 11 AM at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Avenue in downtown Downers Grove. Wear your Halloween costume and participate in the costume contest. Registration begins at 9 AM followed by judging at 9:30 AM. The movie starts at 11 AM. “Casper” (PG/100 min) is a 1995 comedy fantasy film starring Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy, Moriarty, Eric Idle and Amy Brenneman based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books and animated cartoons. The movie tells the story of a greedy heiress who inherits the haunted Whipstaff Manor and discovers that the house contains a treasure guarded by three nasty ghosts. Ghost therapist, Dr. James Harvey, and his daughter Kat, move into the mansion to get rid of the supernatural creatures. Kat makes friends with a ghost named Casper, the nephew of the three nasty ghosts.
CLC Foundation gala generates over $120,000 for student scholarships Oct 23, 2014 1:01 PM
More than 250 friends of the College of Lake County Foundation generated more than $120,000 for student scholarships on Sept. 27 at the Black and White Ball: Toast of the Town, held at the historic Palmer House in downtown Chicago.
Endorsement: Drobinski in House Dist. 62 Oct 11, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald recommends Rod Drobinski in Illinois House District 62.
Images: Photo Contest Finalists Oct 10, 2014 2:52 PM
Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of October 6.
- No more excuses
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- 10 ideas -- from tame to terrifying -- for Halloween
- 'Gentle giant' retiring from Harper firefighting program
- Dist. 95 critical of proposed state education funding change
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Hinsdale district OKs new two-year contract
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- SECRETARIAL - SECRETARIAL /T-Arl. Hts. Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Type 60 wpm. Fax resume to 847-690-9883 or e-mail info@IllinoisSoccerRefereeCommittee.org (id:4389258) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Admin Assistant seeking PT admin asst in Libertyville area. Computer and cust. svc skills a must. Send resume to: email@example.com (id:4389881) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- WAREHOUSE SIT DOWN FORKLIFT OPERATOR/ P - Warehouse Sit Down Forklift Operator-Picker-Packer requirements: and middot;1+ year RECENT Picking-Packing and-with Forklift Operation experience. and middot;ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and middot;good numerical matching skills and middot;strong attention to details and middot;reliable work ethics and middot;team spirit Pls send the resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388989) MAINTENANCE - Maintenance -PT Live-in maintenance person for senior community in Mt. Prospect. Light repairs and janitorial work in exchange for 2 bedroom apartment and small salary. Empathy for seniors essential. email@example.com or fax 630.499.0156 (id:4389386) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.