The Dundee Township Rotary Club recently awarded $28,500 in scholarships to 19 students attending Dundee-Crown High School in Carpentersville, Harry D. Jacobs High School in Algonquin, and Westminster Christian School in Elgin.
Since 1981, the club has awarded more than $715,400 in scholarships to area students who live in Dundee Township.
Contact information ( * required )
The presentations were made at a dinner on May 6 at Randall Oaks in West Dundee. Club members, students, parents, guests and school representatives were in attendance at the awards ceremony. Guests were entertained by the talented Dundee-Crown High School chorale, who sang a variety of songs including "Maria" from "West Side Story."
This year's scholarship recipients were:
• Otto Engineering Scholarship ($1,000 engineering): Andrew Cassiere, Dundee-Crown;
• Dundee Township Rotary Interact Club Scholarship ($1,000 merit): Katelyn Aschacher, Dundee-Crown;
• Dundee Township Visitor's Center Scholarship ($1,500 academic): Samantha Hoyt, Westminster Christian School;
• Bob Morency Memorial Scholarship ($1,000 vocational): Erin Jameson, Jacobs;
• Bob Morency Memorial Scholarship ($1,000 vocational): Elizabeth Atchison, Westminster Christian School;
• Bob Morency Memorial Scholarship ($1,000 vocational): Kelly Grady, Jacobs;
• Stig P. Orum Memorial Scholarship ($1,500 environmental): Thomas Rice, Dundee-Crown;
• Stig P. Orum Memorial Scholarship ($1,500 environmental): Megan Jameson, Jacobs;
• Emerson Crocker Memorial Fine Arts Scholarship ($2,000 fine arts): Eric Faler, Dundee-Crown;
• Harvey & Ethel Daeumer Foundation Scholarship ($3,000 academic): Colin Stiefer, Dundee-Crown;
• Harvey & Ethel Daeumer Foundation Scholarship ($2,500 academic): Katherine Conomikes, Jacobs;
• EFS Foundation Scholarships ($1,500 vocational for each): Trent Hanselmann, Samuel Baker, Jasmin Trujillo, Nicholas Munson, and Carly Stallings, all of Dundee-Crown;
• Bruce David Memorial Scholarship ($1,500 vocational): Allison Nason, Jacobs;
• John Brittain Memorial Scholarship ($1,000 merit): Francisco Nava, Dundee-Crown.
Scholarship committee members are: chairwoman Dr. Melisa Rothenberger, Martin Anderson, Barb Christie, Kristin Corriveau, Charlene Figuera, Curt McReynolds, Sandy Morganstein, Colleen Thomas and Al Treml.
The Dundee Township Rotary Club was founded in 1980. The group meets every Tuesday at noon at Emmett's in West Dundee. For information about the club, contact Al Treml at (847) 659-9266.