• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Desmond J. Williams, 35, of the 1000 block of Knoll Lane, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 8:20 p.m. Nov. 19 at Arlington Heights and Algonquin roads during a traffic stop and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Dec. 20.
• Javier A. Perez, 23, of the 600 block of South Genesee Street, Waukegan, was arrested around 1:35 p.m. Nov. 19 at Marshall's, 601 E. Palatine Road, and charged with one count of felony retail theft (over $150), one count of misdemeanor retail theft (use of theft tool), and resisting a peace officer. Reports said a security agent determined that Perez had used a specially-designed tool to remove theft detection devices and had taken four purses and a pair of boys' black socks. Value was estimated at $547. He ran toward the rear of the store but was stopped. His court date is Dec. 6.
• Police warned that calls from people claiming to work for Microsoft, Geek Squad or some other nationally recognized tech company claiming to have found viruses on your computer are frauds. Legitimate computer companies will never scan your computer to check for viruses without your permission. Never provide a credit card or banking account information to someone on a cold call. Never give remote access to your computer to any technician unless they can confirm they area a legitimate member of a computer support company with which you have an existing agreement.
• Thieves stole a lawn mower and bags Nov. 11 on the 300 block of East Liberty Street.
• Delano R. Ratcliff, 21, of the 9000 block of South Aberdeen Street, Chicago, Karen C. Ratcliff, 20, and Maurice D. Grayer, 21, both of the 200 block of South Dundee Avenue, Barrington, were arrested Nov. 12 on the 200 block of South Dundee Avenue and charged with battery. Their court date is Dec. 2.
• Burglars stole undisclosed items Nov. 15 at Payless Tobacco, 227 N. Northwest Hwy.
• Thieves stole jewelry Nov 15 on the 1400 block of South Barrington Road.
• Vandals damaged a vehicle Nov. 16 on the 400 block of Lake Zurich Road.
• Two males smashed the front glass door between 10:39 p.m. Nov. 18 and 1:40 a.m. Nov. 19 at a record store, 532 E. Algonquin Road, and stole vinyl records valued at $6,000. Damage was estimated at $500.
• A man tried to open an entrance door around 11:20 a.m. Nov. 18 at a home on the 100 block of North East River Road, but fled when the female resident yelled through the door that she was going to call the police. She had seen him trying door knobs to her neighbor's doors. He was described as 20-25 years old, 5-foot-8, 160 pounds, brown hair, pointy nose and wearing glasses, a gray jacket with a gray shirt underneath, light blue jeans, and gym shoes with red, gray and black stripes.
• Vandals scratched gang graffiti around 6:10 p.m. Nov. 19 on the door frame in an interview room at the police station, 1420 Miner St.
• Vandals spray painted gang graffiti between 9 p.m. Nov. 18 and 9 a.m. Nov. 19 on an apartment building wall on the 1300 block of Jefferson Street.
• Thieves stole a cellphone around 11 a.m. Nov. 15 out of a sweater pocket at Chippewa Junior High School, 123 N. Eighth Ave. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars stole a tablet computer and a cellphone between 2:30 and 2:44 p.m. Nov. 19 out of an unlocked Chevrolet in a lot on the 1000 block of East Oakton Street. Value was estimated at $1,100.
• Vandals broke four double-pane windows between 10:30 a.m. Nov. 18 and 10 a.m. Nov. 19 on the south side of the park district field house in Arndt Park, 1990 S. Birch St., and spray painted gang graffiti on the east, south and west sides of the building. Damage was estimated at $3,800.
Elk Grove Village
• Abed F. Oweina, 48, of the 1000 block of Green Valley, Bensenville, was arrested around 1:30 p.m. Nov. 8 on the 400 block of East Devon Avenue and charged with theft and knowingly damaging property. His court date is Dec. 11.
• Sammy A. Gray, 24, of the 21w210 Temple Drive, Itasca, was arrested around 4:30 p.m. Nov. 9 on the 200 block of East Devon Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Dec. 13.
• Thieves stole several pieces of aluminum framing between 5 p.m. Nov. 7 and 7:30 a.m. Nov. 8 from a construction site at 2201 Lunt. Value was estimated at $1,800.
• Thieves stole four truck tires and rims between 5:30 p.m. Nov. 11 and 10 a.m. Nov. 12 from a 2011 Freightliner truck at House of Spices, 2411 United Lane. Value was estimated at $1,400.
• Thieves stole a pneumatic sprayer and padlock between Nov. 8 and 11 from a construction site at 1601 Estes Ave. It was padlocked to a heavy duty stand. Value was estimated at $4,030.
• Thieves stole spare tires from three work vans between Nov. 8 and 11 at Lincare, 1831 Howard St. Value was estimated at $800.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Vanguard trailer between Nov. 8 and 11 at Park Transportation, 2100 Busse Road, and stole nine tires. Value was estimated at $2,600.
• Thieves stole two school-issued iPads between 1:45 and 2:35 p.m. Sept. 6 out of gym lockers at Elk Grove High School, 500 Elk Grove Blvd. Value was estimated at $1,200.
• Mariarenee Grajeda, 21, of the 100 block of West Chariot Court, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 1:15 a.m. Nov. 17 on Dundee Road at North Hicks Road and charged with illegal transportation of alcohol, traffic violations and DUI.
• Vandals smashed windows on a 2000 Pontiac and 1998 Honda between 4 p.m. Nov. 16 and 8:11 a.m. Nov. 17 on the 1500 block of North Winslowe Drive.
• Burglars stole a book bag containing textbooks and a checkbook Nov. 12 out of an unlocked 2001 Jeep on the 900 block of West Panorama Drive.
• Burglars stole a purse valued at $60 between 7:30 and 8:25 a.m. Nov. 14 in a lot at Buehler YMCA, 1400 E. Northwest Hwy.
• Burglars pried the front door between 9:15 a.m. Nov. 10 and 8 p.m. Nov. 17 at a home on the 900 block of South Elm Street and ransacked rooms. It was not immediately clear if anything was missing.
• Vandals damaged property around 8 p.m. Nov. 15 on the 3100 block of Town Square Drive.
• Someone burglarized a vehicle around 1:50 p.m. Nov. 16 at 2121 Euclid Ave.
• Thieves stole merchandise around 7:20 p.m. Nov. 16 at 2045 Plum Grove Road.
• Vandals damaged a car around 5 p.m. Nov. 17 on the 4700 block of Arbor Drive.