Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars broke into a Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck around 6:40 a.m. Oct. 1 in a driveway on the 100 block of West Morse Avenue and stole a GPS valued at $230.
Elk Grove Village
• William D. Merritt, 51, of the 1000 block of South Independence Boulevard, Chicago, and Tomasz A. Opalka, 36, of the 6N700 block of Goodrich Avenue, St. Charles, were arrested around 4:05 a.m. Sept. 24 on the 1400 block of Meegan Way and charged with residential burglary. Their court date is Oct. 11.
• Vandals broke car windows and a patio door and slashed tires between midnight and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 26. Offenders hurled a landscape brick through the back window on a 2011 Ford Escape in a driveway on the 700 block of Clover Hill Court; slashed tires on a 2001 Jeep Wrangler and on a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix in a driveway on the 800 block of Brantwood Avenue; threw a rock through the front windshield on a 2009 Pontiac G6 in a driveway on the 100 block of Brandywine Avenue; and hurled a rock through a patio door on the 400 block of Arlington Heights Road. Damage was estimated at $5,250.
• An independent driver for Global Cargo Freight, 2262 Landmeier Road, took the company's 2009 Peterbilt tractor and Wabash trailer around 9 a.m. Sept. 23 to pick up a load. The load was picked up but never delivered. The driver was contacted but refused to reveal his location. Value was estimated at $32,000.
• Ernesto J. Perez, 25, of the 2800 block of Mansfield Court, West Chicago; Roderick A. Dunwell, 24, of the 600 block of Carroll Square, Elk Grove Village; and Nathaniel K. Weber, 27, of the 500 block of Woodview Avenue, Elk Grove Village, were arrested around 1:40 p.m. Sept. 25 on the 1000 block of West Devon Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana. Their court date is Oct. 21.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer and an MP3 player between 8 p.m. Sept. 20 and 9:30 a.m. Sept. 21 out of an unlocked 2011 GMC Yukon Denali on the 1000 block of Huntington Drive. Value was estimated at $1,750.
• John L. McGrath, 46, of the 200 block of Bayview, Elgin, was arrested around 7:45 p.m. Oct. 2 at Church and Lake streets and charged with possession of a controlled substance and driving while license suspended.
• Cecilia C. Vargas, 27, of the 600 block of Lacy, Hanover Park, was arrested around 9:30 a.m. Sept. 29 on the 2000 block of Lake Street and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Brandon M. Pinder, 24, of the 500 block of 14th Street, Chicago, was arrested around 9:45 p.m. Sept. 28 on the 7800 block of Northway and charged with aggravated assault, resisting, and battery.
• Burglars stole an inventory scanner around 2 p.m. Oct. 3 out of a van on the 1200 block of Bristol.
• Burglars stole a wallet around 10 p.m. Oct. 3 out of a vehicle on the 7300 block of Bristol.
• Victor Manuel Villafranca, 47, and Karen De Jesus Ruiz-Hernandez, 36, both of the 100 block of Madison Street, Walworth, Wis., were arrested around 7:35 p.m. Sept. 21 at Woodfield Mall and charged with endangering the life/health of a child. Police reports said mall security discovered that their 8-year-old daughter had been left alone and unsupervised for at least an hour in the play area in the middle of the mall. Their court date is Oct. 24.
• Anthony Joseph Bagnole, 36, of the 400 block of Desmond Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 8:55 a.m. Sept. 25 at Higgins Road and National Parkway and charged with driving on a suspended/revoked license and theft. According to police reports, a man making a delivery at Shaw's Crab House, 1900 E. Higgins Road, around 8:40 a.m. Sept. 25 said he had seen Bagnole take beer kegs on July 30. The witness said he saw Bagnole attempting to take beer kegs again on Sept. 25, but the suspect left them when he saw the witness. Officers were alerted to Bagnole's vehicle and stopped it on Higgins Road. His court date is Oct. 21.
• Kajal C. Patel, 29, of the 200 block of Parkwood Drive, Streamwood, was arrested around 11:15 a.m. Sept. 23 at Kohl's, 171 N. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after a security agent told police she took miscellaneous clothing. Her court date is Nov. 7.
• A man wearing a gorilla mask pointed a semiautomatic handgun at two employees at Boost Mobile, 1580 Buttitta Drive, and demanded money around 3:30 p.m. Sept. 24. He swore at them and ordered them to hurry. A clerk gave him approximately $1,000. He stuffed the money in his left jacket pocket and the gun in his right pocket. He left the store and was last seen walking west in the shopping center parking lot. He was described as 6 feet tall, medium build, light skinned with short hair or no hair.
•A man armed with a pistol stole $200 around 5:57 a.m. Sept. 16 from a clerk at the Mobil gas station, 908 E. Irving Park Road. The offender was described as a male black, 6 feet tall, thin build, 170 pounds, and wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, black jeans and white tennis shoes.
• Sarah Hannan, 19, of the 400 block of Oak Street, Elgin, Kendra L. Szmanski, 20, of the 1000 block of Lancaster Court, Hoffman Estates, and Kevin Pawlik, 19, of the 1900 block of Hastings, Schaumburg, were arrested around 10:45 p.m. Sept. 22 at Schaumburg and Barrington roads and charged with possession of marijuana Their court date is Oct. 15.
• Amanda L. Burrows, 21, of the 0-100 block of Renaissance, Palatine, and Janet Patricio, 20, of the 800 block of East Castle Court, Palatine, were arrested around 11:30 p.m. Sept. 25 at Park Street and Route 19. Patricio was charged with possession/consumption of liquor by a minor; Burrows was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Their court date is Oct. 15.
• Ryan S. Tiltz 31, of the 200 block of Dunridge Circle, East Dundee, was arrested around 8:30 p.m. Sept. 29 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after a security agent told police he hid six computer memory cards in his jacket pocket. Value was estimated at $290.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer between midnight and 5 a.m. Sept. 24 on the 1000 block of Stratford Court and stole an iPod, a newly-installed in-dash stereo system and trunk-based speakers.
• Burglars stole a girls purple bicycle valued at $100 between 7 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 16 from the driveway and another bicycle out of the garage between Sept. 10 and 12 at a home on the 300 block of East Avenue.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close