• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Scott A. Auck, 47, of the 2300 block of North Huron, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 4:55 p.m. Sept. 4 at McDonald's, 1920 N. Arlington Heights Road, and charged with aggravated assault and resisting a police officer. Officers responded to McDonald's for a report that an intoxicated subject with open alcohol was harassing customers. Auck directed profanity at the responding officers, refused to leave, and charged an officer who was able to push him away, reports said. There was a brief struggle when officers tried to handcuff Auck, but he was taken into custody without injuries, reports said. His court date is Oct. 21.
• Vandals broke a vehicle windshield Aug. 26 on the 100 block of West Lincoln Avenue.
• A buyer used a fraudulent check to purchase a vehicle Aug. 27 from Wickstrom Auto Group, 600 W. Northwest Hwy.
•Vandals broke a window Aug. 29 at the Verizon Wireless Zone, 106-C N. Northwest Hwy.
• A man pumped gas valued at $57 Aug. 30 at the Shell gas station, 100 W. Northwest Hwy., and drove away without paying.
• Thieves stole an iPod around 2:50 p.m. Sept. 3 on the 300 block of North Oak Avenue. Value was estimated at $299.
Elk Grove Village
• Daniel I. Gonzalez-Alarcon, 29, of the 1900 block of Emerson Street, Evanston, was arrested around 3:10 p.m. Aug. 22 at his home and charged with theft. His court date is Sept. 16.
• Katarzyna J. Koziol, 38, of the 400 block of Milton Lane, Hoffman Estates, and Steven M. Powell, 38, of the 300 block of South Washington, Hinsdale, were arrested around 7 p.m. Aug. 26 on the 1900 block of Oakton Street and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Koziol also was charged with possession of meth. Her court date is Sept. 23. His court date is Sept. 27.
• Burglars broke a window between 11:45 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Aug. 23 at a home on the 900 block of Hartford Lane and stole a TV, games, controller, two iPods and watches. Value was estimated at $3,500.
• Burglars broke a window on a back door between 9:15 and 10:10 a.m. Aug. 27 and stole several watches, various necklaces, bracelets and earrings out of a home on the 500 block of Laurel Street. Loss was estimated at $1,100.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $699 around 3:20 p.m. Aug. 23 from a female customer in Dunkin' Donuts, 1805 Oakton St., after she placed it on a counter.
• Thieves stole a generator on wheels and a gas can between 4 p.m. Aug. 28 and 7 a.m. Aug. 29 from a construction site at 1601 Estes. Value was estimated at $1,050.
• Tristan Hernandez, 29, of the 1900 block of Elm Court, Hanover Park, was arrested around 11 p.m. Sept. 5 on the 6700 block of Pine Tree and charged with criminal trespass.
• Jessica L. Anders, 20, of the 800 block of Sioux Drive, Elgin, was arrested around 10:45 p.m. Sept. 5 at Cloverdale and Lake streets and charged with unlawful possession of hypodermic needle/drug paraphernalia.
• Michael A. Spencer, 41, of the 1300 block of Getzelman, Elgin, was arrested and charged with driving while license revoked.
• Daniel Ibarra, 36, of the 300 block of 27th Street, Bellwood, was arrested around 10:25 p.m. Sept. 4 at the Elgin-O'Hare Expressway and Lake Street and charged with DUI, driving with license suspended, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• James B. Carson, 36, of the 0-100 block of Kostner, Chicago, was arrested around 11:05 p.m. Sept. 4 on the 1700 block of Arlington and charged with disorderly conduct, violation of order of protection, and child neglect.
• Fernando I. Garcia, 19, of the 2000 block of Narcissus, Hanover Park, was arrested around 3:50 a.m. Sept. 2 at his home and charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Alexandra P. Stembridge, 21, of the 1500 block of Merrimac, Hanover Park, was arrested around 9:30 a.m. Sept. 2 at Catalpa and Walnut and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Andrew L. Tolbert, 23, of the 0-100 block of North Walnut, Hanover Park, was arrested around 1:50 p.m. Sept. 2 at Barrington and Walnut roads and charged with illegal transport of alcohol by a passenger.
• Jamie A. Griffin, 34, of the 2300 block of Pennview, Schaumburg, was arrested around 2:20 p.m. Sept. 1 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Thieves stole $400 around 8 a.m. Sept. 5 out of a bedroom at a home on the 6200 block of Gold.
• Burglars broke into a locker at LA Fitness, 7350 Barrington Road, around 6:20 p.m. Sept. 3 and stole a wallet. Credit cards in the wallet were used at several locations.
• Joel L. Delgado, 21, of the 1800 block of North First Avenue, Melrose Park, was arrested Aug. 28 at Jewel, 45 S. Plum Grove Road, and charged with felony retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take merchandise valued at $558. A juvenile with him was charged with misdemeanor retail theft.
• Jorge L. Genchi-Lorenzo, 24, of the 1500 block of North Norway Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 1 a.m. Sept. 1 on the 1200 block of North Frontage Road and charged with aggravated DUI, DUI, DUI with BAC over .08, driving without a valid license, improper lane use and endangering the life of a child.
• Arturo Rojas, 39, of the 1300 block of North Turtle Creek Drive, Palatine, was arrested around 2:45 a.m. Aug. 25 on Rand Road at Winslowe Drive and charged with DUI, driving without a valid drivers license, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, improper lane use and illegal transportation of alcohol.
• Burglars stole tools valued at $1,000, a vehicle registration card and insurance card between 10 p.m. Sept. 1 and 9 a.m. Sept. 2 out of an unlocked 2004 Dodge SUV in a driveway on the 1200 block of North Evergreen Drive.
•Thieves stole an unattended laptop computer and wireless USB mouse receiver between 2 and 2:30 p.m. Aug. 29 from a desk in the Palatine Public Library, 700 N. North Court.
• Vandals broke a window and window frame and pushed a sliding-glass door out of the frame between 4 p.m. Aug. 19 and 7:15 p.m. Aug. 21 at a home on the 200 block of South Crescent Avenue. Damage was estimated over $1,100.
• Burglars stole a tool bag with tools and a duffel bag with football equipment between 11:30 p.m. Aug. 20 and 5:30 a.m. Aug. 21 out of a 1999 Plymouth minivan in a driveway on the 700 block of East Morris Drive.
• Burglars stole two laptop computers, two diamond rings and a computer tablet between 9 a.m. and 3:40 p.m. Aug. 21 out of a home on the 1500 block of Lake Louise Drive. Value was estimated at $2,250.
• Vandals smashed the front passenger's-side window between 5 and 6:10 p.m. Aug. 31 on a 2005 Nissan sedan at Community Park, 262 E. Palatine Road. A GPS unit mounted on the dash was untouched.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Mitsubishi SUV and a 2009 Mercury SUV between 10 and 10:40 a.m. Aug. 30 at Twin Lakes Recreation Area, 1200 Twin Lakes Drive, and stole a cloth wallet out of the Mitsubishi and a purse and checkbook out of the Mercury.
• Burglars broke into a 2004 Nissan SUV between 4:45 and 7:05 p.m. Aug. 31 at Osage Park, 2076 N. Old Hicks Road, and stole a purse.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Honda SUV and a 2011 BMW SUV between 5 and 6:10 p.m. Aug. 31 at Community Park, 262 E. Palatine Road, and stole a wallet valued at $180 out of the Honda and an iPad case out of the BMW.
• Burglars stole a GPS valued at $500 and a pair of prescription sunglasses between 11 p.m. Sept. 1 and 4:45 a.m. Sept. 2 out of an unlocked 1987 Dodge van in a lot on the 1400 block of North Smith Street.
• Harold Castrillon, 38, of the 400 block of Cardinal Drive, Bartlett, was arrested around 8:50 p. m. Aug. 24 at Norsdstrom's Rack, 1520 E. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said he was accused of taking a pair of shoes. His court date is Sept. 17.
• Joseph Michael Carr, 20, of the 200 block of Andrew Lane, Schaumburg, and Ryan Edward King, 20, of the 700 block of Hinkle Court, Schaumburg, were arrested around 2:30 p.m. Aug. 19 at King's home and charged with assault. Reports said a man involved in a long dispute with King claimed that King and Carr chased him with their car around 1:30 p.m. while he rode his bicycle with a friend on Andrew Lane. A court date is Oct. 4.
• Simon Michael Muller, 21, of the 100 block of East Briarwood Drive, Streamwood, was arrested around 11:55 a.m. Aug. 22 at Jewel, 2501 W. Schaumburg Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take eight bottles of alcohol. His court date is Sept. 17.
• Luis F. Naranjo, 20, of the 500 block of Ann, Elgin, was arrested around 3:50 p.m. Aug. 26 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take food and toiletry items; value was estimated at $118.
• Burglars broke a back door window between Aug. 18 and 24 at a home on the 2000 block of Essex and stole a TV, 5-disc receiver, and approximately 100 DVDs. The victim was in the process of moving and had not been regularly at the residence. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Burglars stole two portable blow torches valued at $600 and a voltmeter between 10:30 p.m. Aug. 23 and 9 a.m. Aug. 24 out of a 2007 Chevrolet Express van in a driveway on the 1600 block of Walker.
• Jonathan D. Koziol, 29, of the 9000 block of Jill Lane, Schiller Park, was arrested around 4 a.m. Aug. 24 at Chippewa Trail and Lakeview Drive and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Sept. 17.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit between 1 p.m. Aug. 24 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 25 out of an unlocked 2012 Ford Focus on the 400 block of West Green Drive.
• Burglars broke into a Dodge Caravan just after midnight Aug. 24 on the 500 block of Chippewa Trail and stole an iPod.
• Burglars stole the CD player between 10 p.m. Aug. 23 and 9:30 a.m. Aug. 24 out of a Hyundai Sonata in an apartment lot on the 200 block of Oak Creek Drive.