• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty. More blotter items are at dailyherald.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars stole a Toyota Rav4, cellphone and charger, and child car seat Aug. 20 out of an open garage on the 400 block of East Railroad Avenue. Value was estimated at $10,170.
• Burglars stole a cellphone valued at $200 Aug. 20 out of a vehicle on the 900 block of South Route 59.
• Connor A. Sayad, 18, of the 400 block of South Western Avenue, Bartlett, was arrested around 10:45 a.m. Aug. 20 at Bartlett and Stearns roads and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Sept. 20.
• Thieves stole a 4-foot lawn jockey valued at $300 Aug. 20 from the front porch at a home on the 600 block of Morning Glory Lane.
• Burglars broke into a business on the 100 block of South Oak Avenue Aug. 21 and stole $60. Burglars broke into a second business on the same block and stole $350 during the same time.
• A Bartlett man was scammed out of $108 Aug. 21 after he received a phone call telling him he had won a large amount of money and he should send a money order to an address in Costa Rica.
• Mike Campos, 28, of the 800 block of Prospect Street, Elgin, Eddie L. Moran, 25, of the 100 block of Hazelnut Drive, Streamwood, and David B. Reeves, 23, of the 400 block of Danbury Drive, Carol Stream, were arrested around 1:20 p.m. Aug. 20 after shoplifting of a TV was reported at Kmart, 1155 Oakton St. They fled in a car that officers stopped on the 1500 block of Higgins Avenue in Elk Grove Village, police reports said. Campos was charged with assault and retail theft less than $300 with prior convictions. Moran was charged with felony possession of drug paraphernalia and felony retail theft. Reeves was charged with misdemeanor retail theft. A court date was set for Oct. 4.
• Theodore Wayne Savage, 36, of the 70800 block of Sunrise Drive, Edwardsburg, Mich., was arrested around 3 p.m. Aug. 22 at the Best Western Hotel, 1231 S. Lee St., and charged with battery after he reportedly punched a male co-worker in the face and on his head. They were drinking in the victim's room at the time, the victim stated. He was treated at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge. A court date is set for Sept. 23.
• Thieves stole two folders containing documents, files and engineer reports for two client firms between 10 p.m. Aug. 21 and 6 a.m. Aug. 22 out of an unlocked metal storage container in a parking lot at International Test and Balance, 380 E. Northwest Hwy. Cost to replace the reports was estimated at $5,000.
• Thieves stole and cashed six payroll checks between 6 a.m. and noon Aug. 9 out of an unlocked office at Boston Fish Market, 1225 E. Forest Ave. Value was estimated at $2,084.
• Burglars stole a 55-inch 3-D TV between 5:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Aug. 21 out of a mobile home on the 800 block of East Oakton Street. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars broke the door jamb between 2:50 p.m. Aug. 18 and 7 a.m. Aug. 19 at soon-to-be-opened Share Care Day Care, 88 N. Broadway St., and stole a general contractor's air compressor, four power saws, tool belt with tools, and nail gun. Value was estimated at $2,100.
• Kevin R. Bonds, 20, of the 5500 block of West Congress Parkway, Chicago, was arrested around 7:35 a.m. Aug. 19 at 1788 Lake St. and charged with robbery.
• Syreeta R. Reeves, 35, of the 6800 block of Valleyview, Hanover Park, was arrested around 2:20 p.m. Aug. 18 at her home and charged with battery and aggravated assault.
• Charles Williams, 37, of the 1700 block of Goddard, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8:25 p.m. Aug. 13 at Goddard and Whitney and charged with reckless discharge of firearm, unlawful use of a weapon, and possession of a firearm by a felon.
• Amanpreet Singh Gill, 21, of the 1800 block of Governors, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 11:10 a.m. Aug. 22 at Peach Tree and Walnut and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and expired driver's license.
• Jacob A. Cemenski, 29, of the 1300 block of Petersburg, Carol Stream, was arrested around 10:50 a.m. Aug. 22 at County Farm and Windmill and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Joshua W. Beuten, 19, of the 100 block of West Hale, Bartlett, was arrested around 1:30 p. m. Aug. 21 at County Farm and Zeppelin and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Burglars broke and stole the lock on a storage unit Aug. 9 in an apartment building on the 500 block of Hill Drive and stole two floor fans valued at $80.
• Thieves stole four fishing poles, a fishing net, a tackle box with fishing gear and two children's scooters between 7:15 p.m. Aug. 9 and 11:40 p.m. Aug. 10 from an apartment patio on the 2000 block of Hassell Road.
• Luis O. Reyes-Ochoa, 20, of the 1000 block of North Wheeling Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 12:20 a.m. Aug. 17 on the 700 block of East Rand Road and charged with possession of a controlled substance (cocaine), DUI-alcohol, traffic violations, and transportation of open alcohol (bottle of beer). Christian J. Garcini-Lopez, 29, of the 1000 block of Wheeling Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested and charged with battery. Police reports said he slapped an officer's wrist. Their court date is Sept. 10.
• Andres D. Pizarro, 30, of the 2500 block of West Eastwood Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 4:20 p.m. Aug. 20 at Walmart in Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with retail theft after a security agent said he hid three flash drives and a laptop charger in his pockets and that a pair of stolen sunglasses was found in another pocket. Value was estimated at $209. His court date is Sept. 26.
• Thieves stole a boys' burgundy mountain bike valued at $500 between 4 and 9:30 p.m. Aug. 20 from a bike rack at the Mount Prospect Public Library, 10 S. Emerson.
• Vandals cracked the windshield on a 1993 Ford F150 pickup truck between Aug. 17 and 19 in an apartment lot on the 300 block of Hawthorne Circle. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals wrote graffiti with a black marker on an exterior wall and spray painted gang graffiti with gold paint on the bike path at the southeast walkway of the playground between 6:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. Aug. 15 at John Jay Elementary School, 1835 Pheasant Trail. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Burglars stole a cloth bag with wallet, gift card, Great America season pass, and cash between 6 p.m. Aug. 16 and 6:55 a.m. Aug. 17 out of a 2003 Ford Focus on the 200 block of East Council Trail. Value was estimated at $323.
• Tae Hyong Kim, 43, of the 1500 block of Virginia Avenue, Glendale Heights, and Woo S. Cho, 29, of the 500 block of James Court, Glendale Heights, were arrested around 8:50 p.m. Aug. 15 at Wild Sake Restaurant, 175 W. Golf Road, and charged with battery. According to reports, witnesses said that Kim swore and yelled at employees, who he thought disrespected him. He threw a metal chair over a sushi bar, hitting an employee in the right shoulder, reports said. An employee tossed the chair back and Cho threw it, hitting an employee on the arm, reports said. Their court date is Sept. 20.
• John L. Guy, 31, of the 0-100 block of West Wimbolton Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 11:20 a.m. July 24 at Golf Rose Animal Hospital, 1375 N. Roselle Road, and charged with disorderly conduct. According to police reports, te told employees he was looking for his Yorkie, which has been impounded by the Mount Prospect Police Department. Guy yelled at employees while frantically searching for his dog and swore at officers during the arrest, reports added. His court date is Aug. 27.
• Shawn Robertson, 40, of the 5700 block of South Peoria Street, Chicago, was arrested around 6:15 p.m. Aug. 9 at Sephora in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft, criminal damage to property and obstructing identification. A security agent said he saw her take three fragrance bottles valued at $196, rip off the plastic packaging, and hide the items in a bag, police reports said. She gave officers a false name and date of birth during the arrest, reports said. Her court date is Sept. 19.
• Lucica Antone, 47, of the 1100 block of Duxbury, Schaumburg, was arrested around 1:10. m. Aug. 3 at Sephora in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after police accused her of taking nine cosmetic items. Her court date is Aug. 27.
• Saquoia Nicole Lance, 19, of the 2000 block of West 70th Place, Chicago, and Lillie Corrine Buckley, 18, of the 5600 block of South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, were arrested around 6 p.m. Aug. 15 at Sephora in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after police accused them of taking two cosmetic items. Their court date is Sept. 19.
• Xu Guo, 24, of the 1900 block of Prairie Square, Schaumburg, was arrested around 1:10 p.m. Aug. 1 at Lord and Taylor in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after police accused her of taking five pieces of jewelry. Her court date is Sept. 19.
• Shelley Lara, 48, of the 2500 block of Bird Lane, Batavia, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. Aug. 8 at Lord and Taylor in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after police accused her of taking a top. Her court date is Sept. 19.
• Ryan J. Guidice, 18, of the 100 block of West Harbor Drive, Lake Zurich, was arrested around 6:55 p.m. Aug. 13 at Spencer's Gifts in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after police accused him of taking an unidentified item. His court date is Sept. 19.
• Ruslan Omurbekovich Omurbekov, 22, of the 5400 block of North Sawyer, Chicago, and Bibosunov Nurbek, 24, of the 2500 block of West Foster Avenue, Chicago, were arrested around 2:15 p.m. Aug. 13 at Lord and Taylor in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after police accused them of taking clothing and a watch. Their court date is Sept 20.