• Jenna LaComb, 19, of the 100 block of Whitefeather Lane, Gilberts, was arrested and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and marijuana possession of 2.5 grams or less after a traffic stop at 12:52 a.m. June 10 at Higgins Road and Oaks Lane near West Dundee, according to a sheriff report. The driver of the vehicle, Benjamin Linder, 22, of the 1100 block of Parkview Drive, Elgin, was cited for improper use of registration. A deputy who pulled the vehicle over smelled an odor of burned marijuana, the report said.
Contact information ( * required )
• A vacant barn on the 37W0-99 block of Huntley Road near West Dundee burned down at about 2:33 p.m. Wednesday, according to a sheriff report. A member of the Kane County Arson Task Force said he believed it was intentionally set on fire, the report said. No injuries were reported.
• Jose A. Velasquez, 44, of the 200 block of Skyline Drive, Carpentersville, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery at 3:50 p.m. Thursday, according to a sheriff's report. Velasquez is accused of getting in a shoving match after a dispute involving him repeatedly parking his truck on a private drive on the 33W0-99 block of Richardson Road near East Dundee, the report said.
• A 100-foot long conveyor belt at Plote Gravel Pit, 19N761 Square Barn Road, Huntley, was set on fire around 6:21 p.m. June 9, causing an estimated $80,000 damage, according to a sheriff's report. No injuries were reported.
• Police responded about 1 a.m. June 8 to a residence on Ann Street on reports that an unknown person knocked on the door and pointed a gun at the door, police said. When police arrived, the unknown person was gone. As of Monday morning, no one was in custody.
• Someone stole an iPad and three bottles of alcohol June 8 from a residence on the 700 block of Morgan Street.
• A 17-year-old boy from East Dundee was charged Monday with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and violation of curfew, police said. He was taken into custody at the Algonquin Police Department, petitioned into juvenile court and released to his father, police said.
• Sandra J. Clausen, 56, of the 4600 block of Whitehall Lane, was arrested Friday at Kohl's on the 700 block of South Randall Road and charged with retail theft, according to a police report. Her next court date is July 31 in Algonquin.
• Blake T. Buccieri, 23, of the 600 block of Anderson Drive, Lake in the Hills, was arrested Friday at Walmart on the 1400 block of South Randall Road and charged with retail theft, according to a police report. It was later discovered Buccieri was wanted on two warrants in McHenry County -- one for reckless driving and the other for driving on a suspended license, police said. He was released after posting $150 on the Algonquin charges and is due in court July 24. Buccieri posted $1,000 bond on the outstanding warrants and has a July 25 court date for those.