A healthy map to follow on vacation
DUPAGE COUNTY—Summer vacation season is arriving and the DuPage County Health Department reminds residents not to leave health and safety behind while on vacation.
The Health Department recommends these travel tips:
• Ask your doctor or other healthcare provider about vaccinations you may need for any international areas you'll be visiting. Plan early for international travel. The Health Department offers an international Travel Clinic. Call (630) 682-7400 for information.
• If you regularly take any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, pack more than you think you'll need. Carry important medicines with you in your purse or carry-on bag. Bring a copy of your prescriptions. Make sure your medicines will be allowed into the areas you're visiting.
• Remember to bring along a spare pair of contacts or glasses in case of damage. Or bring along an extra prescription so you can replace them.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially before eating or preparing food. If soap and water aren't available, use a sanitizer.
• When in doubt about water, stick to bottled or canned beverages and avoid ice.
• Take sunscreen, insect repellent and diarrhea medications along while traveling.
• Wear protective gear when doing water or adventure activities. And wear your seatbelt when traveling by car.
• Try not to take risks with your health and safety.
For more information on the DuPage County Health Department, follow us on Twitter @DuPageHD or become a fan on Facebook.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close