DUPAGE COUNTY--National Public Health Week is April 1-7 and the DuPage County Health Department is celebrating the work of public health professionals and reminding DuPage County residents to take small steps to protect their health.
Since 1995, communities from coast to coast have observed National Public Health Week every April as we raise awareness of issues that are important to everyone's health.
This year's daily themes will be:
• Monday, April 1: Ensuring a Safe, Healthy Home for Your Family: Health and safety begin at home. Make prevention a fun family tradition.
• Tuesday, April 2: Providing a Safe Environment for Children at School: Schools are the perfect setting for improving child health. Plus, children's health is a rallying point few can ignore.
• Wednesday, April 3: Creating a Healthy Workplace: Wellness and safety in the workplace are good for health and for business. Let's make prevention work for us.
• Thursday, April 4: Protecting You While You're on the Move: Safety on the go is often in our own hands, but it's also tied to community design. Together, we can turn our streets into roads to better health.
• Friday, April 5: Empowering a Healthy Community: Support public health efforts that create healthy opportunities for all. Good health is a community affair.
For more information on the DuPage County Health Department, follow us on Twitter @DuPageHD or become a fan on Facebook.