Some tips to be healthy in the skin you are in
DUPAGE COUNTY--November is National Healthy Skin Month and the DuPage County Health Department encourages residents to learn about the functions of skin and how to keep it healthy.
Here are some tips to keep your skin fresh, hydrated and healthy, especially during the dry months of winter that are just ahead:
• Wear sunscreen: sunscreen needs to be applied year-round, not just during the summer months. While the sun's rays are more powerful in summer, they can still be damaging even in the cloudy, cool conditions of winter. A heavy sunscreen may not be necessary, so apply a moisturizer with sun protection.
• Eat a healthy diet: What we put in our mouths is just as influential to our skin's health as what we apply externally. Eating a diet that's rich in Omega 3s, whole grains and B Vitamins is essential to maintaining skin's youthful glow. Be sure to incorporate plenty of fruits, vegetables and lean proteins in your diet.
• Don't forget your lips: Your lips need just as much protection as the rest of your skin, especially since they can get a lot of exposure to the sun. Carry lip balm with sun protection with you and apply it generously, particularly in the dry winter months when lips can become very chapped and soar.
• Keep you cool: Stress is a huge contributor to skin problems like acne and wrinkles. Making time to relax during your hectic days can greatly improve the condition of your skin.
• Moisturize: Your skin needs to stay hydrated to stay healthy. Apply moisturizer to your whole body every morning and at night before going to bed. Keep moisturizer near you during the day so you can continue to moisturize your hands.
For more information on the DuPage County Health Department, follow us on Twitter @DuPageHD or become a fan on Facebook.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close