• A tree limb fell on a vehicle, crushing its hood and windshield, it was reported at 7:10 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of Park Street, police said.
• Between 10:30 p.m. Monday and 1:25 p.m. Tuesday, a burglar broke into a vehicle in the 300 block of North Van Buren Street and stole a black leather Guess purse, a cell phone and cash, police said.
• A tree fell onto a 2003 Toyota and also into the roadway Tuesday in the 10N800 block of Rippburger Road, Plato Township, police said.
• Officers responded at 7:27 p.m. Monday to a report of a violation of an order of protection on the 7N300 block of Stevens Glen Road, near St. Charles, police said.
• A woman avoided injury Wednesday when a window on her 2009 Toyota Corolla caved in while she was driving south on Route 47 near Finley Road in Sugar Grove Township, police said. The woman told police she heard a loud "pop" just before the window caved in. Police said the break pattern indicated the window was struck by a BB-like pellet. The incident remains under investigation.
• A diamond ring valued at $1,500 was reported stolen Wednesday in the 42W400 block of Meadow Lark Court, near St. Charles, police said.
• Shamika T. Johnson, 31, of the 700 block of Sundown Road, South Elgin, was charged with retail theft and battery at 3:50 p.m. Wednesday at Butera, 3 Clock tower Plaza, reports said. Johnson put some items in her purse and as she tried to leave the store, a security guard grabbed her and she bit him on the back. She is due in court on Nov. 19.
• Someone broke the rear window on a 1992 Honda in the 500 block of Lowell Drive at about 3:24 p.m. Oct. 22, reports said.