Prospect High School Class of 2022
Graduates in Class of 2022: 560
Graduation ceremony: Wednesday, May 18, George Gattas Stadium
Graduation Speakers: Brendan Burke, Luke Compton
• Prospect students earned millions of dollars in scholarships and were accepted into prestigious institutions such as Stanford, Penn, Michigan, and the University of Illinois, to name a few.
• Luke Brown and Meghan Paral scored perfect ACTs
• IHSA Student Section Showdown State Champions
• Olivia Kim - Illinois Journalist of the Year
• Journalism - IHSA State 7th Place
•Kate Wagner and Scarlet Allen-Bayer choreographed "Outré Lux" and it was performed by Orchesis at the Illinois State Dance Festival
• Audrey Ginsberg was a member of the Distance Medley Relay that set the best time ever in Illinois while competing at a meet at the University of Oregon
• Girls cross country - IHSA 2nd Place
• Football - IHSA State Semifinals
• Wrestling - IHSA State 4th Place
• Boys Golf - IHSA State 8th Place
• "110 Stories" - Commemorating the 20th anniversary of 9/11
• High School League Comedy Sportz
• "She Kills Monsters"
• "All Shook Up"
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them:
The Class of 2022 returned in force in August eager to get back to a more normal school year. While there were challenges, it is the relationships that students have with Prospect staff members, coaches, and amongst themselves that provides the support to navigate difficult times. At Prospect, EveryKnight is important and there are no challenges that cannot be overcome when we pull together.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022:
Although the last few years have been trying for students, staff, and our community, it is inspiring to see the resilience, the school spirit, and the commitment to EveryKnight that all stakeholders have maintained. The Class of 2022 stayed positive, excelled in the classroom and in competition, and modeled what it is to be a Knight to the younger students who desperately were looking for guidance, setting a new standard for excellence.
- Principal Greg Minter