Graduates in Class of 2022: 497
Graduation ceremony: Saturday, May 21, at Now Arena, Hoffman Estates
Valedictorian: John Kalvin
Salutatorian: Natalia Gerischer
Class Officers: Juliana Voiculescu -- President, Dhara Patel -- Vice President, Invanshi Patel -- Senior Class Officer, Jenna Alamo -- Senior Class Officer
Illinois State Scholars: Sebastian Abreu, Patryk Barnas, Gizelle Bautista, Jesse Brown, Sydney Carter, Sneha Chowdhury, Madison D'Alexander, Hailey Davis, Nicholas Dicosola, David Escamilla, Dalton Freund, Isabel Galla, Natalia Gerischer, Grethe Gill, Lance Guevarra, Kaitlyn Heine, Katelin Henrikson, Nicholas Hull, Nicholas Janis, Lauren Johnson, Alexander Jones, John Kalvin, Matthew Karbowski, Sarthi Kothari, Owen Krajecki, Cortney Kriens, Jacey Lambert, Donovan Lundy, Sydney Lyon, Gerardo Marquez, Ramon Noriega, Tyler Norrbohm, James O'Hara, Julian O'Leary, Marinelle Ortega, Dominic Parise, Hanna Paszkiewicz, Dhara Patel, Ivanshi Patel, Giovanni F Patino, Joseph Pearsall, Alexis Rennerfeldt, Catherine Rios, Grace Rose, Karolina Ryzka, Caitlyn Scheurich, Faran Siddiqui, Jonathan Slaughter, Jackson Smith, Shayndel Valles, Emily Walden, Mackenzie Wand, Kloe Watson, Miles Wiggins, Annabelle Zakosek
1400+ on SAT: Alexander Jones, Alexis Rennerfeldt, Miles Wiggins, Annabelle Zakosek,
Students graduating with both their high school diploma and an Associate degree from Elgin Community College: Sneha Chowdhury, Jack Greenwell, John Kalvin, Seraphina Schourek, Jonathan Slaughter, Gizelle Ricci Bautista, Drake Brenke, Nicholas Dicosola, Madison Kinczewski, Abigail Murphy, Claire Murray, Maya Sobolewski.
• Several students placed and won state championships at the SkillsUSA state competitions in Peoria on April 28-30 -- CNC Turning: 1st place, Chris Haugen; CNC Milling: 1st place, Devin Yeats, 2nd place, Chris Haugen; Automated Manufacturing Technology, member of 1st place team, Brandon Pericolosi; Barbering: 1st place, Juan Alva; Cabinetmaking 3rd place, Damien Wegiel.
• Academic Challenge for Engineering and Sciences (ACES) Regional: Sydney Lyon, 3rd place Chemistry, 1st place English; Brandon Nakumura, 2nd place Engineering Graphics.
• Illinois Congressional Debate Association Tournament #5 in Hoffman Estates: 2nd place, Owen Krajecki.
• Football qualified for the IHSA playoffs
• Boys cross country, competitive cheerleading (7th in 3A) and dance teams qualified for state championship competitions.
• Fall Play -- "The Front Page"
• Spring Musical -- "The Addams Family"
Senior Class gift: New marquee sign at the corner of Big Timber Road and Gast Road entrance to campus
What was new in 2021-22?:
660 students attended our first official Prom in two years at the Westin in Itasca on April 30, 2022.
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them: Students faced daily challenges with the return to full time, in-person school with strict masking and social distancing guidelines that altered certain settings such as classrooms, the library, and commons.
Regular COVID testing of student-athletes was required in the fall season. Hampshire High School went on a two-week adaptive pause and reverted back to online learning from October 12, 2021 through October 22, 2021. Our seniors persevered through these challenges each and every time.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022: The Class of 2022 will always be remembered as the class that led the way to bringing back normalcy in our school. They eagerly and enthusiastically participated in all manner of school events and activities.
They quickly set the stage for our underclassmen on what it means to be a Whip-Pur and how to comport themselves in school and at events.
-- Principal Brett Bending