Graduates in Class of 2022: 514
Graduation ceremony: Sunday, June 5, at the Rosemont Theatre
Graduation Speaker: Kelsey Lundgaard
Student Association Executive Board: President, Kate Rassin; Vice Presidents, Aadit Vanjani, Sean Guno, Rachel Cha and Zoe Raptis.
• Nine National Merit Semifinalists
• 27 Merit Commended Scholars
• 260 National Honor Society members
• 176 Illinois State Scholars
• John Bosacoma, 3rd in State for Speech in Oratorical Declamation
• Joanna Gusis and Sohan Bellam, IHSA State Debate Championship, Illinois All-State Debate Team
• Howard Dai, Chicago Area All-Star Math Team, 2nd place at the Harvard-MIT Math Tournament, Top Ranked Senior in the North Suburban Math League
• Abby Rench, ILMEA All-State Choir
• Changwoo Yu, ILMEA All-State Choir
• James Lee, ILMEA All-State Band
• Kelly Kim, Concertmaster of ILMEA All-State Honors Orchestra
• IHSA Boys Golf State Champions
• 2021 Fall Musical, "Little Women"
• 2021 Winter Play, Comedy Sportz
• Student Written/Directed One Acts
• 2022 Variety Show 'Emerge'
• 2022 Glenbrook Musical, "Shrek The Musical"
What was new in 2021-22:
The Math, World Languages, and Social Studies Resource Centers received new, student-friendly furniture to kick off the 2021-22 school year.
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them:
The Class of 2022 demonstrated great spirit, dedication, and resilience in their final year of high school. We all understand the impact the pandemic has had on our daily lives, but as we consider the normal challenges of high school it is truly remarkable to witness how this class was able to lead a return to a much more traditional school year. I think it is also important to recognize that this not only assured the senior class of a wonderful experience but was a model for the rest of our students to look up to and strive to emulate as they continue their high school careers.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022: The Class of 2022 has carved out a special place at Glenbrook North with the level of achievement across all aspects of our school. Our students were able to reach new heights across academics, activities, the arts, and athletics and supported each other along the way.
-- Principal Jason Markey