'It Sounds Like Summer' at the Huntley Area Public Library
It's going to "Sound Like Summer" at the Huntley Area Public Library from June 1 through July 31 as the 2023 Reading Challenge begins.
The annual literacy event starts with a drop-in registration day featuring Kona Ice, the Pan Chicago Steelband, Rockin' and Reading with Leonardo Music, and closes with Karaoke for All Ages.
Sign up to read and enjoy a variety of musical programs that begin at 11 a.m. on Thursday, June 1. You'll participate to win prizes as you track your progress.
The June 1 summer reading registration event schedule:
• 9 a.m.: Library opens and registration begins.
• 11 a.m.: Kona Ice of McHenry County arrives at the East Parking Lot
• 11 a.m.: Pan Chicago Steelband will perform lively sounds of the Caribbean.
• 3:30 p.m.: Rockin' and Reading with Leonardo Music brings a high energy show for families.
• 6 p.m.: Karaoke for All Ages in program rooms 1, 2, and 3.
The Huntley Area community may participate in the free reading challenge using a paper log that can be picked up at the library anytime from June 1 to July 30 or downloaded and printed from the library's website at www.huntleylibrary.org.
If library patrons wish to participate online with no paper log, just visit huntleylibrary.beanstack.com and set up a free Beanstack account. You can register alone or enter the whole family under one account. If you already have a Beanstack account with us, you can log in and begin the program on June 1.
The challenge consists of 3 ages groups:
• Adults: 18 and older
• Teens: 12 to 18
• Children: birth to age 12
The Huntley Area Public Library is located at 11000 Ruth Road in Huntley. It is open seven days a week and serve over 43,000 residents. For more information about the library's Summer Reading Challenge, visit huntleylibrary.org/sounds-like-summer.