See garden ideas come to life with the Kane County Master Gardeners
Get offline and get outside to see inspirational gardens at the Kane County Master Gardener Idea Garden in St. Charles.
This summer, join these University of Illinois Extension volunteers to experience creative concepts and ask questions each Tuesday, 9 to 11 a.m., weather permitting.
"The Idea Garden is back this year, and once again, it showcases innovative designs and new ideas you can replicate at home," said Sarah Fellerer, Master Gardener program coordinator. "Visit the garden to learn about sensory and elevated gardens, native plants, bug habitats, growing garlic and phytonutrient-rich produce, and more. Plus, the garden features an Olympic-themed bed of grasses, ground covers, and flowers."
The Kane County Master Gardener Idea Garden is located at 3480 Route 38, at the intersection with Peck Road, in St. Charles. Visitors can enter via the Route 38 driveway. You also can follow the Idea Garden at www.facebook.com/KaneMGIdeaGarden.
This year's project includes ideas and tips for:
• Elevated beds
• Straw bale plantings
• Insect habitats
• Gardens with garlic or phytonutrient-rich produce
• A sensory patch
• Native species
• An Olympic-themed bed of grasses, ground covers, and flowers
If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (630) 584-6166. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for meeting your access needs.
Do you have questions about your garden, lawn, or trees?
The University of Illinois Extension Master Gardeners also host a seasonal Help Desk in DuPage, Kane, and Kendall counties:
• Kane County: Send questions and photos to email@example.com, or call or visit 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday at (630) 584-6166 or 535 S. Randall Road, St. Charles.
• DuPage County: Send questions and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call or visit 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at (630) 955-1123 or 1100 E. Warrenville Road, Suite 170, Naperville.
• Kendall County: Send questions and photos to email@example.com, or call or visit 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at (630) 553-5823 or 7775B Route 47, Yorkville.
For more information about submitting help requests via email or finding a location near you, visit go.illinois.edu/HelpDeskMGdkk.