Stop by Thursday Night Art Market on Water Street
Batavia MainStreet has teamed up with Water Street Studios to host the Thursday Night Art Market on the fourth Thursday of each month in May through October from 6 to 9 p.m.
The Thursday Night Art Market will be located in downtown Batavia on South Water Street just south the outdoor dining area between Wilson and First streets. It will extend to the alley in front of Water Street Studios.
The Thursday Night Art Market provides downtown Batavia with pop-up market experiences featuring local artisans offering a variety of handmade goods and vintage items. Various Water Street Studios resident artists will be showcasing their art in the alley as well as music and a cash bar. There will be about 14 vendors per market.
Artisans participating in the Thursday Night Art Market every month include:
• Dotty's Artistic Creations -- A watercolor artist that creates bright and colorful art including a variety of canvases, greeting cards, stickers, bookmarks, and chalkboards.
• Hex Poetry Apothecary carries floral scented handcrafted books of poetry, love potions, spells for self-care, trauma dream first aid kits, care packages with soothing poems & pep talks, tarot readings, feminist pins, and love poems on real flowers.
• Blazing Phoenix Designs creates art, furniture, and home accessories with a Japanese shou sugi ban technique.
• SnowingStars offers handmade jewelry and accessories using high quality materials while keeping the pricing in a very affordable range.
• Farm Door Wreaths sells handmade wreaths, chalk board wreaths, hand painted greeting cards, fabric banners, felt floral arrangements and other home decor.
Other artists or vendors featured in May include: BrandySparks Studio, Little Red Truck Apiary, Small World Plants, Gigawatt Coffee Roasters, Theron Mattick, Perry Slade, Victoria Belz, Georgia Schwender, and Megan Wilson.
More information about the Thursday Night Art Market can be found at the Batavia MainStreet website: downtownbatavia.com.
The dates will be May 27, June 24, July 22, Aug. 26, Sept. 23, and Oct. 28.