Elk Grove Township offers range of services to residents
In addition to providing support for seniors and the disabled, Elk Grove Township offers a range of other services for all of its residents.
These include, but are not limited to, property tax and employment assistance, adult and family counseling, youth services, passport application processing, hunting and fishing licenses, voter registration services and more.
"The Township is focused on strengthening the community by empowering people experiencing challenges, but we also provide services, beyond financial assistance that are available to all residents," said Elk Grove Township Supervisor Mike Sweeney.
• Township assessor: The Township Assessor's office can assist residents with tax exemptions, freezes, applications and more. Assistance with exemptions for veterans, the disabled and seniors is also available.
• Applications, licenses and registration: The Elk Grove Township Clerk's Office can assist residents with passport applications, hunting and fishing licenses, voter registration and assistance, notary public services, applications for absentee ballots and temporary handicapped parking placards.
• Employment support services: The Township's Employment Support Center has resources and services for job-seeking residents that include resume review, job search help and tips -- as well as unconventional ways to find jobs, resource materials and free seminars. Computer and printer stations are also available for jobseekers to submit applications.
• Adult and family counseling: Licensed township counselors continue to offer bilingual, staple services such as individual counseling, family counseling, testing, teletherapy, the "Senior Community Check-in" and more.
• Youth services: The Elk Grove Township Youth Services Department offers programs that help support your child's mental health. Registration is fast and easy, but space is limited. To sign up or for information about programs offered, contact Renee Dorn at RDorn@ElkGroveTownship.com.
Below are descriptions of the services that many individuals already know of, and that continue to be offered by Elk Grove Township:
• Transportation assistance for seniors and disabled: The Transportation Department offers bus services, T.R.I.P. buses (for medical services outside of the township borders) and a Taxi Program to township residents. These programs provide a curb-to-curb transportation solution for seniors 55 and older and disabled residents 18 and older within township borders.
• Medical Lending Closet: Elk Grove Township offers residents gently used medical equipment for up to three months, with the option to extend upon request. Equipment includes walkers, wheelchairs, canes, bath seats, bedside rails and more. Call (224) 265-6111 to schedule curbside pickup, to check availability of items or to learn about the terms of this program.
• Financial assistance for in-need individuals and families: Through the Social Services Department, township residents can qualify for assistance with utilities through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, ComEd Hardship, NICOR Sharing, the Percentage of Income Payment Plan) and others. The Community Empowerment Fund is a 501(c) 3 corporation that exists to assist residents experiencing financial challenges not provided for through other programs.
• Food pantry: Elk Grove Township's food pantry is a "client's choice" model that allows shoppers to choose items they need the most. When initially utilizing the food pantry, individuals must meet with a caseworker to verify residency and to identify circumstances that caused them to need assistance.
Bring donations to the west entrance of the township building, 600 Landmeier Road, Elk Grove Village, between 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more details on donations or the food pantry, contact Kailee at (224) 265-6102.
For information on any of the services offered through Elk Grove Township, call (847) 437-0300 or visit elkgrovetownship.com.