Find the fun in February at Wheeling Park District
From the Valentine's Hearts & Crafts Party and Dinner To-Go, to snowman building, pizza and movies and winter games, there's something for everyone to enjoy this month at the Wheeling Park District.
• Children ages 5-12 are sure to love the Wheeling Park District's Valentine's Hearts & Crafts Party. Register by Feb. 8 and bring the kids to the Community Recreation Center at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 13, for an afternoon of arts and crafts, cookie decorating and games. Pickup is at 3:30 p.m., and everyone goes home with a goody bag.
• Bring the romance home with a surf and turf Valentine's Dinner To-Go. Chevy Chase Country Club does all the planning and preparing for you. Pickup is from 2-5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 13. Drive up to the Chevy Chase Ballroom entrance and the meal, with detailed reheating instructions, will be delivered to your vehicle. Reserve your special dinner by Feb. 9, as meal kits are limited.
• Let's build a snowman. Register by Feb. 8 and join at the Heritage Park Performance Pavilion from 1-2:15 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 14. It's a great opportunity for children ages 5 to 13 to spend time outside meeting new friends and enjoying a cup of hot cocoa while making a snowman.
• Parents, are you ready for some time to yourselves? Register children ages 5-9 by Feb. 15; drop them off at the CRC for a Pizza & Movie Party from 6-8:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 19. Children are welcome to wear their pajamas and get comfy while enjoying pizza and a movie. Popcorn included, of course.
• Celebrate the season at Winterfest from 1-3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 21. Register everyone in your party by Feb. 18; all ages are welcome. Meet at the Heritage Park Performance Pavilion for snow sculpting/decorating (weather permitting), penguin egg hunt, ice sculpting, winter games, hot chocolate and more.
The Community Recreation Center is at 100 Community Blvd., Wheeling.
For information and registration, visit www.wheelingparkdistrict.com.
• Submit 'Your News' at www.dailyherald.com/share.