Ascension Living Skilled Nursing Centers named to Best Nursing Home List
Seven Illinois-based Ascension Living communities are among the 21% of U.S. skilled nursing facilities recognized as a Best Nursing Home for 2020-21 by U.S. News & World Report.
The Ascension Living skilled nursing facility earned Best Nursing Home status by achieving a rating of "High Performing," the highest possible rating, for short-stay rehabilitation, long-term care or both. U.S. News gives the designation of Best Nursing Home only to those homes that satisfy the publication's assessment of the appropriate use of key services and consistent performance in quality measures.
The following Ascension Living skilled nursing facilities, located in Illinois, were awarded the prestigious U.S. News and World Report badges:
• Ascension Living Heritage Village, Kankakee, Illinois -- Long-term Care (formerly Presence Heritage Village)
• Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, Des Plaines, Illinois -- Long-term Care (formerly Presence Nazarethville)
• Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, Chicago, Illinois -- Short-stay Rehabilitation and Long-term Care (formerly Presence Resurrection Life Center)
• Ascension Living Resurrection Place, Park Ridge, Illinois -- Short-stay Rehabilitation and Long-term Care (formerly Presence Resurrection Nursing and Rehabilitation Center)
• Ascension Living Saint Benedict Village, Niles, Illinois -- Short-stay Rehabilitation and Long-term Care (formerly Presence Saint Benedict Nursing and Rehabilitation Center)
• Ascension Living Villa Franciscan Place, Joliet, Illinois -- Short-stay Rehabilitation (formerly Presence Villa Franciscan)
• Ascension Living Casa Scalabrini Village, Northlake, Illinois -- Short-stay Rehabilitation and Long-term Care (formerly Presence Casa Scalabrini Nursing and Rehabilitation Center)
"This designation is evidence of our dedication to our mission and to providing personalized care and service to our residents and guests by every member of the Ascension Living team," said Danny Stricker, president, Ascension Living. "It is an honor to have these Illinois skilled nursing centers as well as 11 other of our communities nationally recognized by this leading publication. I am grateful for our talented, caring associates, who are driven by a commitment to deliver quality care."
Now in its 11th year, the U.S. News Best Nursing Home ratings and profiles offer comprehensive information about care, safety, health inspections, staffing and more for nearly all of the nation's 15,000-plus nursing homes. The Best Nursing Home ratings reflect U.S. News's exclusive analysis of publicly available data using a methodology defined by U.S. News that evaluates factors that it has determined most greatly impact patient and resident care, safety, and outcomes. This year, to accompany the new ratings, nursing home profile pages were updated to include a patient safety summary that reflects COVID-19 data alongside other measurements of safety and related advice on choosing a home or facility amid the pandemic.
To learn more about Ascension Living, visit www.ascensionliving.org.