Trick-or-treat hours set for Addison
Trick-or-treat hours in the Village of Addison are 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31.
As always, participation in trick-or-treating is voluntary, and parents may decide what they feel is best for their children. Residents who wish to participate are encouraged to turn on porch lights as a sign they welcome trick-or-treaters.
This year, everyone is encouraged by the Illinois Department of Health to take additional precautions, in the wake of COVID-19. They suggest the following:
• Anyone participating in trick-or-treating, including those passing out candy, should maintain 6-feet of social distance and wear proper face coverings.
• Consider leaving individually wrapped candy (spaced apart) on a table in driveways or in front of walkways, sidewalks, or any outdoor space where 6-feet of distance can be maintained.
• A Halloween costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask. Ensure that breathing is not impaired if a cloth mask is worn under a costume mask. If so, discard the costume mask.
• Trick-or-treat in groups with household members only.
• Candy collected during trick-or-treating should not be eaten until after handwashing.
Be safe, and have a Happy Halloween!