AID to host 'FUNAID20' online fundraiser Oct. 15
The Association for Individual Development will be hosting #FUNDAID20: A Live Fundraising Event Thursday, Oct. 15, to raise funds for programs and services benefiting 5,600 children and adults with developmental disabilities, mental illness and special needs.
During this year of changes and uncertainty, dedicated AID employees, board of directors, family and friends have continued to tirelessly serve individuals with special needs to ensure they are safe; provided with food, medication and shelter; that they remain engaged with one another and their families; are apprised of current events; and are working to promote physical and emotional self-care.
#FUNDAID20 is a one hour LIVE online event where viewers can win raffle prizes, gain insight into AID programs and services and, of course, raise important funds to allow us to continue to provide the best possible care for the individuals we serve!
There will be a grand prize raffle with a $1,000 cash prize or themed raffle baskets.
Purchase your raffle tickets by Tuesday, Oct. 13. Raffle tickets are $5, 10 tickets for $40 or 30 tickets for $100.
The raffle baskets themes are:
• "Home Bar" with an assortment of fine wine and liquor, Frigidaire portable ice maker, bar decor and accessories, and in-home wine tasting for 14 by Wines for Humanity. You must be 21 or older to enter to win this raffle and have the ability to pick up the raffle basket at the AID administrative office, 309 New Indian Trail Court, Aurora, or the AID O'Shea Community Day Services location, 1135 Bowes Road, Elgin.
• "High Tech Home Office" with standing desk with height adjustable, FEZIBO 32 inches stand up black desk converter, ergonomic tabletop workstation riser black; Apple AirPods with charging case; Apple Smart Keyboard; Apple iPad (10.2-inch, Wi-Fi, 128GB) space gray (latest model); and Sonos One (Gen 2) voice controlled Smart Speaker with Amazon Alexa built-in, black.
• "Happy & Healthy Home" featuring KitchenAid stand mixer; in-home wine tasting for 14 by Wines for Humanity; Carlson Floors $250 gift certificate and 3-by- 5-foot area rug; Wasco Nursery $150 gift certificate; in-home hydrotherapy session by NatureThrive; assorted cooking and baking essentials; and assorted home fitness essentials.
• "Steppin' Out" with $300 Cooper's Hawk gift card (multiple locations); $100 Hardware gift card (North Aurora); $100 Gia Mia gift card (multiple locations); $50 Jimmy's Charhouse gift card (Elgin); $25 Colonial Cafe gift card (multiple locations); $25 Cocoon gift card (Geneva); $25 Suzette's Creperie gift card (Wheaton); $25 Lou Malnati's gift card (multiple locations); $25 Trend + Relic gift card (St. Charles); McAlister's gift card package; Brookfield Zoo admission package for six; Sci-Tech Hands-On Museum general admission passes; and in-home wine tasting for 14 by Wines for Humanity.
• "Three Under Par" featuring foursome with carts at the following courses: Eagle Brook Country Club, Aurora Country Club, Orchard Valley Golf Course, and $50 Dick's Sporting Goods gift certificate (multiple locations).
AID has provided services to individuals with disabilities in the Fox Valley area for 58 years. The demand for services far outweighs the current resources and AID must turn to the private sector to preserve and enhance many vital services.
AID operates community day centers in Elgin, Aurora, Batavia and Yorkville; mental health outpatient clinics throughout the Fox Valley; supports hundreds of individuals living in their own apartments; and more than 200 individuals in group homes scattered throughout the greater Fox Valley.
AID also administers the Ride in Kane paratransit program in partnership with RTA, Pace, Kane County, and local municipalities and social service agencies.
To learn more about AID, visit www.aidcares.org.