Huntley Unit District 158 going to modified remote learning for all students
Huntley Unit District 158 announced that they have made the difficult decision to revise their initial plans and begin school in the fall in a modified remote learning model for all students.
Please note the following details:
• All students will begin the school year in remote learning
• The first day of student remote attendance will be Friday, Aug. 21, 2020
• This initial remote period will tentatively last through at least October 16, 2020, continuing indefinitely until conditions dictate it is safe to return.
• All teachers able will teach from school classrooms with full access to teaching resources and technology.
• A task force comprising members of District administration and representatives of the teachers' union is working to craft plans for small groups to rotate in for limited in-person experiences throughout the remote period.
• Small groups will be limited to six or fewer and will prioritize students with special service needs. Details on small-group opportunities will be forthcoming.
• Conditions will be continually evaluated for the possibility of increased in-person experiences.
A letter was sent to all families outlining full information about the shift. To read the letter, visit www.district158.org.