Mundelein-Vernon Hills Rotary awards $12,000 in scholarships
The Rotary Club of Mundelein-Vernon Hills recently awarded $12,000 in scholarships to area college-bound students. Scholarships were awarded based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities, community service and financial need.
"I congratulate these students on their achievements and their commitment to community service," said Brian Olson, the club's scholarship chair. "Each of these talented and dedicated students exemplify Rotary's motto of 'Service Above Self.'"
The 2020 scholarship recipients are:
• Kavana Belagur, Mundelein High School
• Hailey Kanter, Vernon Hills High School
• Abby Kempf, Vernon Hills High School
• Elyna Mellen, Mundelein High School
• Olivia Reich, Vernon Hills High School
• Hannah Stanley, Mundelein High School
• MacKenzie Stewart, Mundelein High School
The Rotary Club of Mundelein-Vernon Hills has awarded more than $255,000 in academic scholarship over the past 10 years to area students.
The Rotary Club of Mundelein-Vernon Hills is one of 34,000 Rotary clubs around the world and consists of action-oriented business, professional and community leaders who support important social causes in Lake County and around the world.
To learn more about Rotary, visit www.mvhrotary.org.