Learn about Habitat Faith Build Jan. 11
Montgomery-based Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity will hold an information meeting for its 2020 Faith Build at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 11.
The meeting will be held at Genesis Community Church, 1300 S. Broadway in Montgomery.
The public is invited. Refreshments will be served.
Barb Zegiel, Habitat funds coordinator and a Habitat homeowner, said "We are moving right along with our next fourth annual Faith Build project at 423 Parker Ave. in Aurora. Local church representatives are invited to join us and bring questions."
Zegiel added, "Mark your calendars and wear your heavy coats, boots and warm gloves for the 2020 Faith Build ground breaking ceremony on Saturday, Jan. 18, at 11 a.m. The location is at Pearl Street and Parker Avenue (423 Parker)."
Montgomery-based Fox Valley Habitat dedicated its third annual Faith Build home, a partnership of about 20 area faith communities, on Saturday, Dec. 7, at 1530 Solfisburg Ave. in Aurora. Andrea Wood of Montgomery is the homeowner.
According to Zegiel, the foundation for the Parker Ave. home will be installed in January. She is taking signups for volunteers. Call (630) 206-5038.
Faith Build partners are:
• Aurora: Advent Christian Church, First Baptist, Flowing Forth United Methodist, Our Lady of Mercy Catholic, Rush Copley Medical Center, St. John United Church of Christ, St. Mark's Lutheran and Westminster Presbyterian.
• Batavia: Bethany Lutheran, Congregational Church and Sanctuary Church.
• Geneva: Rejoice Lutheran Church
• Montgomery: Genesis Community
• Naperville: Community United Methodist, Good Shepherd Lutheran, Grace United Methodist Church, River Glen Presbyterian, Trinity Church of the Nazarene and Wesley United Methodist Church.
• Oswego: Oswego Presbyterian, Thrivent Financial
• Sugar Grove: St. Katharine Drexel Catholic, Sugar Grove United Methodist Church
• Yorkville: Au Sable Grove Presbyterian, Trinity United Methodist Church, Cross Lutheran and Yorkville Congregational.
Founded in 1988 in Aurora, Fox Valley Habitat is based at Genesis Community Church in Montgomery. A Habitat warehouse is at 250 S. Highland Ave. in Aurora.
The nondenominational Christian housing ministry, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, partners with people in need to deliver affordable shelter. More than 200 residents of Aurora, North Aurora and Montgomery have been served through 64 new or upgraded homes.
Volunteers and donations of funds and materials are needed to continue the ministry. Call (630) 859-3355 for more information.