Ride DuPage offers convenient and affordable transportation for seniors and disabled residents
This past spring, the City of West Chicago began a one-year pilot transportation program that provides 24/7 paratransit bus and taxi services for seniors and disabled residents known as Ride DuPage.
Ride DuPage is a subsidized transportation service sponsored by the City of West Chicago as well as the City of Warrenville and Winfield Township in cooperation with Pace Suburban Bus Services. Eligible riders include those living in the City of West of Chicago who are either at least 65 years of age or with a disability having an RTA Reduced Fare Card.
The basic Ride DuPage Program service information is as follows:
• Service is available to seniors (65 years and older) and persons with disabilities age 16 and over (with a RTA Reduced Fare Card) who reside within the City of West Chicago (Winfield Township only).
• Ride DuPage participants will be able to travel anywhere within DuPage County.
• Service is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
• Trip requests are accepted up to 7 days in advance with a minimum of one day in advance to guarantee a trip.
• Registered Ride DuPage users can schedule a ride between 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday by calling (800) 713-7445 or TTY (800) 713-7415.
•Cancellations must be made a minimum of 2 hours prior to the originally scheduled trip. If a trip is missed or cancelled less than 2 hours prior to arrive, this is considered a "no show" and the rider will be billed $10 for each incident. Three or more incidents within a three-month period will result in suspension from the program.
• Fares will be paid in cash. Fares will be $2 flag pull and $1 per mile traveled.
• The first companion will ride free.
• For a group reservation (3 or more riders), the rider who makes the reservation will pay the regular rate of $2 flag pull and $1 per mile traveled; the companion rides free; and each additional companion will pay a $1.50 flat fee.
In order to use Ride DuPage, you must be a registered participant.
To apply, do one of the following:
• Print the application which may be found online at westchicago.org/resident_forms_applications/.
Complete the application and return to the City of West Chicago via email to John Sterrett at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail application to West Chicago Ride DuPage, 475 Main St., West Chicago, IL 60185.
Note: If you are disabled and younger than 65, you must send a copy of your RTA reduced fare/ride free card in with your application. Call city hall at (630) 293-2200, ext. 158, to request information and application.
Once the application has been received by city staff, it will take approximately 24-48 hours for your registration to be processed by Pace. You may call Pace/Ride DuPage to confirm registration prior to using the program, at (800) 713-7445.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the City of West Chicago at (630) 293-2200, ext. 158.