Schaumburg attorney brings intellectual property resume to Fairchild Morgan Law
• Attorney Debra J. Stanek of Schaumburg has joined the corporate, boutique law firm of Fairchild Morgan Law as senior counsel. Stanek is a seasoned lawyer and brings a wealth of experience in intellectual property and business law to the firm.
Throughout her career, Stanek has held roles both in-house and within a traditional, big law firm. Most recently, she served as the assistant general counsel and data protection officer for Wilton Brands LLC, where she was responsible for overseeing intellectual property, marketing, and GDPR and data privacy compliance functions as well as managing the company's international trademark portfolio.
Stanek is a mediator on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois' Lanham Act Voluntary Mediation Panel of Mediators and, since 2004, has served as a Domain Name Panelist for the World Intellectual Property Organization. She recently co-authored a chapter on "Advertising and IP Issues" in the fourth edition of the "Intellectual Property Deskbook" for the Business Lawyer published by the American Bar Association in 2019.
• The President's Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition selected Aaron Del Mar, founder of Adrenaline Special Events and the Santa Hustle Race Series, LLC, to receive a 2019 President's Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition Community Leadership Award. The award is given annually to individuals or organizations who improve the lives of others within their community by providing or enhancing opportunities to engage in sports, physical activity, fitness, or nutrition-related programs.
Adrenaline Special Events is based in Palatine, and manages/produces food-themed or holiday-themed 5Ks in the Chicago area, including the Bunny Rock 5K (Vernon Hills) and Chicago), Uncle Sam 5K (Palatine), Italian Beef 5K (Chicago), Taco Tuesday 5K (Chicago), Stan's Donuts 5K (Chicago), Gino's East 5K (Chicago), Candy Dash (Chicago) and the Halloween Hustle (Palatine).
The Santa Hustle Race Series, LLC began with the Chicago Santa Hustle in 2008, and has expanded to nine locations across the country.
• Twenty-year Hoffman Estates resident Rajkumari Chhatwani was appointed as a commissioner for the Hoffman Estates Park District during a special meeting of the Hoffman Estates Park District board of commissioners. Chhatwani is fulfilling the unexpired term of Commissioner Mike Bickham through April 2021.
Previous to her appointment as board commissioner, Chhatwani served, since 2015, on the Hoffman Estates Parks board as a community representative on the administration and finance committee.
Active in the financial industry for 20 years, Chhatwani brings business and finance insight to the board of commissioners. She holds a master's degree in finance from DePaul University and a Ph.D. in psychology from Barkatullah University.
Chhatwani enjoys Hoffman Estates Park District community events, fitness classes and spending time outdoors with her family. She also serves the local and global community through her work with organizations including The Kiran Anjali Project, The Sindhi Association of Metropolitan Chicago, and Live Out Loud.
• Abby Starkey, 12, of Schaumburg, competed in the National Junior Gold Bowling Tournament held in Detroit, Michigan, in July, finishing in second place from a field of 140 girls from all over the nation.
Throughout the tournament, Abby bowled 26 games, and averaged 177, over the course of the five-day event. The championship match, in which Abby lost to Katelyn Abiganna from San Diego, California, was televised on CBS Sports. For her second place finish, Abby received $1,730 in scholarship money.
While in Detroit, Abby also competed in the National USA Team Tournament. Her team, representing the Lower Great Lakes Region, finished third of 16 teams. She also bowled the Youth Open, finishing second in her bracket.
Abby, who began bowling at age 8, has many other bowling accolades including two-time Pepsi State Champion, Master and Queens Champion 2018, and many Elite Youth Bowling tournament fist place finishes.
Abby's brother, Carter, 9, also competed in the National Youth Open Tournament in Detroit, receiving an Eagle for a first place finish in the 10 team event.
Both Abby and Carter bowl out of Poplar Creek Bowl in Hoffman Estates.
• Submit you 'Neighbors in the News' items to Norrine Twohey at firstname.lastname@example.org.