Tour 1850s brick home at Corron Farm Prairie Fest
A special dedication is planned for this year's Campton Township Prairie Fest to celebrate Corron Farm being listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Prairie Fest at historic Corron Farm will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, rain or shine. Corron Farm was listed in the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior on May 21.
The dedication ceremony will take place at noon at 7N761 Corron Road, northeast corner of Silver Glen and Corron roads, St. Charles (Campton Hills).
The farmstead was settled by Robert Corron in October 1835 and purchased from the Corron family by Campton Township in 2002 as part of its Open Space Program.
Campton Township Prairie Fest will include guided tours of the 1850 Corron home, the "Old Brick," and the 1888 hired man's house. "Old Brick" is the 1850s brick Greek revival home built by Robert C. Corron, one of Campton Township's earliest settlers.
Restored 1800s carriages, farm equipment, Civil War letters, early photos, sheet music and vintage postcards will be on display.
Festival activities include hayride tours of oak savanna and prairie; children's games; face painting, music; handcrafted jewelry, local cheese and honey for sale and local history. Admission is free. Visit www.corronfarm.org/.